1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Chances of a Mirage upgrade ??

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by boboswisher, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am at Mirage from Sunday June 30 to Thursday July 4th. All nights are using MyVegas rewards with the first three nights in a resort king and the last night in a one bedroom tower suite.
    Does anyone know if I will likely be able to upgrade to the tower for all four nights? I don't expect it for free, but if it is available for all four nights, what would I likely have to pay for the upgrade on the first three nights ?
    Also, is this a good time to bust out the 20 dollar trick? I've never done it before in all the many times I've been to Vegas, but I am willing to if it might be effective.
    Any thoughts and advise are appreciated. Thanks.

2. bdreher

bdreher Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a trip where I had my first night in the tower suite with two nights in a regular room. I was upgraded to the penthouse (basically the same room just different decor and floor) without asking..just being nice. then it was an additional $50 a night for the next two nights. Well worth it, since the bathroom alone is the size of the regular deluxe room.

3. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool. Two questions: What days were you there and what time did you check in?

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't think the chances would be good as that is leading up to July 4 and they will most likely be packed. Check their reservations site and see if the tower suites or even the tower deluxe come up for 30th-3rd. If they don't, then those rooms are already booked or held and an upgrade is almost impossible.

5. bdreher

bdreher Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in Sun 2JUN and checked out WED 5JUN. Got there around 7:30am due to an early flight. Didn't get the room until noonish.

6. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, shoot! We are at Paris those same days, and I was banking it wouldn't be all that busy until the weekend; I thought the week would most likely be somewhat slower since most people would come in Thursday for a four-day weekend, darn it! We got such cheap flights, but the flights went way up starting on the 4th.... bummer.

7. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage calendar is showing rates low for our dates. Almost the lowest over the next two months. Could bode well.

The website also shows the cost of the suite as being less during the initial three nights that I am in a regular room and then being priced higher on the last night when I move into it. I've got to think that is a good sign also.

Still curious to hear other authoritative perspectives on this. Thanks.

8. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info -- Thanks! I feel better! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.