1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Talking to a bartender at Wynn Lakeside Grill...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by RPMCanes, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...and was told that word around the campfire is that Steve might want the Bellagio back....

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have absolutely no inside knowledge here, but I think Wynn has always wanted Bellagio back. Having read biographies of him and about that old merger, I think part of Wynn regrets ever having done the deal. On some level, I think he knows he got it right with Bellagio and may never top it in terms of resort design.

On the other side, I can't imagine MGM would even consider selling it to anyone, particularly a strong competitor that would you that position to siphon off even more business from Aria.

Interesting to speculate about, though

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is NO CHANCE MGM will ever, under any circumstance sell Bellagio.

Don't believe me, recall they were an hour from Bankruptcy a couple of years ago and didn't reach out to make any deals to save themselves.

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steve does say that the Bellagio holds a special place in his heart. I heard it on the cab tablet.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like this rumor continues to surface.

I would agree with an earlier poster - MGM is not about to let their prize get away, no matter how good the deal is. Unless Steve would take it along with City Center and a few other things. LOL!

6. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought her name was Elaine....:wink2:

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That he wants it back is old news... that "rumor" has been going around for years. But I'd agree with what others said in that I just couldn't see MGM parting with it.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they sold Mirage, he said he would consider buying back the B. But if it's not for sale, the whole idea is a moot point.

9. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine he floats that rumor/desire out there based on the idea that if and or Wynn (haha get it) MGM gets in a bind with creditors it will be a well known fact that ready cash is available to help solve those issues in the form of selling off an upscale property

bond and debt holders are not going to look at "it is the Bellagio" they are going to look at "we want our money and we want it now" and then they can exit stage left and share holders and other lower level debt holders can deal with the results

MGM may have recently finally turned a small profit for a quarter, but they are hardly out of the woods by a long shot

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.