1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan in December?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by armybrat, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a Terrace Studio suite booked for arrival at about 6PM on Saturday the 21st & departure the 24th.

I'm wondering if the hotel will be crowded/sold out that weekend, making it difficult to upgrade to a Bellagio Fountain view.

We've never been in Vegas that close to Christmas so don't know if $20 tricks work or what.

We were there in May of 2011 and had a great Fountain view which got the wife hooked.

2. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas week is usually slow because so many people plan to be in Vegas during New Year's instead. But because your booking starts on a Saturday and Saturday's are always the busiest, you could run into trouble getting the fountain view room for the entire trip. In that case, you might ask about switching rooms on Sunday.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It should be fairly slow around then. It'll start to ramp up on the 23rd. But, some years it's SO cheap that there is a zillion people there. I've seen it both ways I've gone the past 6 years around then.

Last year my parents went around then but I could't make it, and they said it was a insane, everything was a zoo.

$20 trick is always hit or miss. No way to predict if it'll work in advance. Do remember it'll be cold, cloudy and possibly raining or snowing. Do they even run the fountains then?

4. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha!

It was chilly when we were there in May of 2011.

The wife had to bundle up to sit out on the balcony for the Fountain shows...

[​IMG]

Nice view,,,

[​IMG]

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously, I'm always surprised (but probably shouldn't be) by people who don't realize how cold it gets out in Vegas during the winter. I mean, it snows out there, albeit rarely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.