1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

limo rides from airport to downtown

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by freddywill, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know a good company with good rates for a limo ride from mccarren to main street station for four people?

2. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We reserved Presidential ahead of time, this was last April, for a round trip to the 4Queens. Very nice experience.

I, too, would like to know about the parked limos at the airport.... how much and will they give you some time to make a quick stop for snacks & beer?

3. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sue, do you remember how much it costs and what is the gas surcharge, and also how much did you tip the driver? sorry for so many questions. lol

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you call Main Street Station and see what they would charge you for limo pickup?

5. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always take a black car from the airport on trips when I don't rent a car. Typically $60 per hour for a Lincoln Town Car. As many stops as you want. Regular limos aren't much more. I'm thinking $80 range. Super stretch limos, Hummer limos, and such are much more. For 4 people, you could easily use a standard limo. They'll stop wherever you want, as many times as you want, because you are paying for time. Only surcharge is a tip for the driver. A simple trip to downtown would leave you with extra time on the limo.

If you get a limo to stop at a place where you can buy supplies cheap, and you save money that way, you can probably justify the cost on that basis alone.

Also, you can almost always jump right in to the hired car and go. No cab lines.

6. martay

martay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd tip $10 to $20 for the driver, particularly if he is handling luggage for you.

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas Limo; Large fleet, clean, comfortable, friendly, attention to detail....class act.

Jimbo338

8. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We took a stretch limo from Presidential as walkups in terminal 3 just before New Years. It was $60 per hour, plus maybe another 5 or less for fuel surcharge. We went to El Cortez with a stop along the way for booze, snacks and water. The driver took us right down Las Vegas Boulevard to see the lights at night. The only think I would do differently next time would be to specify which liquor store to go to, as we were taken to one with rather aggresive pricing.

I tipped $40 or $50, which I think is more than the average.

9. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice, will look into it.

10. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time (over the past few years, anyway) that my vegas buddy & I take a town-car from McCarran to FSE, it's been $50...except this last time (March '13) when it was $55. We tip $10.

11. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freddy, when we used Presidential it was $130+, same as now, I believe.

We flew Allegiant and they were late. No problem.... Presidential monitored the plane schedules and we still got our hour of time.
    Champagne & a rose for me , plus an extra bottle of champagne when we arrived at 4 Queens. And we stopped at some convenience store for supplies as it was quite late and very little was open.
    We went up the strip, very cool at night; we tipped $20.

Going back to the airport, they were right on time. We stopped at the Welcome sign & the driver took our pic. Again, a $20 tip. Certainly, a luxury, but a taxi downtown is pricey, so this was near comparable in our minds!

Have a great trip, we don't go again until August.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  12. Doubledown11

Doubledown11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use Presidential Limousine for limo and car service while in Vegas. If you use Presidential, request Ted or Patrick. Great drivers.

13. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sue and doubledown. Sue, I hope the 130+ price was for a roundtrip. How was allegiant air, I only heard bad things about them, so many delays.

14. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Erensto, Looks like your trip is coming up soon. Happy anniversary and good luck to you!

16. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! Good luck to you as well :)

:beer:

17. UncleBen

UncleBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential is a very similar price to Bell Trans.

Just booked my return transfer, in a stretch, for next March. Includes a bottle of 'bubbly', long stem rose (might include that in the $20 sandwich!) and a stop at a liquor store. All for $135.

Really helpful agent on the live chat too.

Last time we booked a 'Limo Bus' through them and it was a great service.

18. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it a far walk from the terminal 3 baggage claim to where the limo is parked? And since they charge by the hour, are they there as soon as the plane arrives, cause it takes at least 15 minutes for the baggage to arrive, so just didnt want to pay for any extra time. Sorry for being cheap, I mean frugal:goofy:

19. Doubledown11

Doubledown11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your time starts as soon as the plane lands. However, I've never met a driver that starts the clock when that happens. On my last trip two weeks ago (rented an Escalade), my plane spent quite a bit of time getting to the gate. Our flight was already an hour late, we switched gates, and on top of that, the plane had to be towed to the gate. Our driver started the time when we met up with him. We still had time to stop by the liquor store to buy russian and mexican water and take the long way along the strip to our hotel. Just tip your driver well and all should be good.

20. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.