1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report - 5/31-6/4 - Mandarin Oriental, Skylofts, Liquid, Light and more...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Universal, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great report and details sounds like a fun time! Liked the pics and info on Light and love Krewella...must have been a great time!

2. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip Report!! Loved the pics!!!

3. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the TR, thanks for taking the time to share it!

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report.

Kudos to your wife for making it back to the room without losing it. Seems like when you're in a bad way, that's always when the cab rides from hell happen.

5. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. Very interesting to see a side of Vegas that I don't usually get to see.

Sorry to hear about the after-affects for your wife. Hopefully it doesn't dissuade her from taking advantage of all of the same opportunities your next trip. :beer:

6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Trip Report! I really enjoyed it. Vegas without gambling? I should try that sometime.......:wink2:

7. Piech

Piech Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas time is so valuable (in my mind) - too bad you over did it - hopefully you'll enjoy it more next time

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually didn't realize you didn't gamble. just curious, how much did the whole trip cost paying retail? I know you got good deals on the clubs and things, but just wondering what it all costs when you're actually paying for it.

9. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say somewhere between 5-6k all in.

We probably saved around 3k through the deals at the pools/clubs. For instance, all three days at the pool, my tip was more than the bill. At Light, the only thing I paid was a $200 tip to the server. I tipped based on what our minimum would have been if I hadn't had my connection.

We usually travel to Vegas with another couple and the husband, who is one of my best friends, gambles a good bit. He usually wins/loses somewhere in the 20-40k range. He gets our room and meals comped. I get us the deals at the pools/clubs and then a lot of that usually ends up getting comped too. We also have a lot of fun together and travel well with each, so it's a great match

So we definitely missed not having them with us this time around...haha

10. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Hoping to have some of the fun/non-gaming on my next trip (can't go a whole trip without gambling).

Thought that you were getting a bonus bit of fun when you said your wife had that look in her eyes, and then the picture of her dancing friends....

11. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha...that's certainly what I had in mind until the town car ride from hell.

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Being a bit older and now days enjoying Vegas more for the gaming, pools and restaurants I really enjoyed your TR for a view of how the younger folks do Vegas. We've been going for 20+ years and used to party:drunk: in Vegas a lot more when we were younger but back then there were no night clubs but instead you would find a lot of live bands playing.

Hmmmm....that really shows my age doesn't it:poke: But on the other hand, I love that I'm 58 and my bride is 50 and Vegas is still by far our favorite place to vacation:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.