1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Terminal Using WAX to Downtown

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by carlgoro, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlgoro

carlgoro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which terminal and where do I catch the WAX from the airport to downtown. Planning to catch the shuttle from the car rental facility back to the airport and then WAX to downtown.
    Those airport shuttles seem to take much longer and cab fare high for me.
    Thanks.

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told it was Terminal 1 and Im guessing its the same stop as the CAT busses. Going to take the WAX for first time myself next month.

[​IMG]

3. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terminal 1.

Main baggage claim.

Level 0. (On the map provided, baggage claim is level 1 & shown in yellow. Level 0 is just below it & shown in purple.)

Follow signs to "baggage claim". About midway in baggage claim & on your right, is a sign that says "level zero". Take elevator or escalator down. When you exit into a garage-appearing area, walk to your right & look for the benches for the bus stop.

Go to the website at www.rtcsn. It will give you the exact times for the WAX to depart level & journey to downtown. It is a very rapid trip.

Be prepared to pay with cash -- $2.

Hope that is helpful!

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    after you take the escalator down to zero level and go out the doors, you look to the right and there is a giant sign saying "the bus stops here", you really cant miss it. pay with cash $2, you cant buy a single ride pass from the machine.

5. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CAT no longer exists. The bus system is now called RTC Transit for which WAX is part of. Just making sure you don't look for something different. The 108, 109 and WAX all stop at the same bus stop.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a senior and have an RTC reduced fare card, the fare is just 1.00. The WAX is a residential bus and I think that they will take a Medicare card or DMV license as proof of age for the lower fare. Has anyone done this?

Jimbo338

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted in a different thread that I have just shown my WI DMV DL and put in a buck. No problems. I'm 60. Dewey, the guru of buses says you need to be 65. I've done this 7 times on the WAX now, w/o a problem. I believe it was Turtleman who originally posted about the picture ID and being over 60, but I could be wrong on that. But somebody did and I've done it ever since on the WAX.

I also posted, the driver barely even looks and certainly can't read my birth date on my DL from 2' away. But, I don't have a RTC ID card and still have paid a buck.

Now in the big picture, we're only talking a dollar more on the WAX which at $2, is still a bargain!:thumbsup: If I am doing something wrong, I'll pay the extra buck, but right now it feels like winning!:wink2:

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month, I was concerned that my 3 day pass didn't say "3 day pass" on it and was concerned, I was going to validate it on boarding and was fumbling for my RTC reduced fare care which I couldn't find. The driver said put it in there pointing to the slot and said ok ......never did get my ID out. I guess they aren't real concerned.

Jimbo338

9. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the SDX last week and nobody bothered to turn around, let alone check for a pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.