1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just checked my reservation at...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by waverunner, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...........Caesars for August on the TR web site and just noticed something that is strange. Can anyone who has stayed at Caesars recently who's room was comped (for all days) and is still Gold (or doesn't have a card) have had resort fees waived?
    My Reso for Caesars is no longer showing the resort fee charge, but i could have sworn that the $125 + tax charge (i booked Caesars AFTER March 1st, was there. It is now showing $0 on my charge card for Caesars.
    I made my Reso in April but never really paid any attention to it because i knew as a Gold member (i sound like Austin Powers), i would have to pay the resort fee even though my room is comped.
    I haven't applied yet for the Visa card (was waiting till mid June), because of the automatic upgrade to Platinum, but if this is true, that even Gold card members at CET who book comped rooms, have the fee waived? I may stay Gold as long as comped rooms waive the fee.
    Is this something new since the new look TR web site changed recently?

2. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some comped rooms don't require a deposit, so my guess is the fees won't be due until you check out.

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The resort fee is charged at the end of your stay!

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (Not Caesars but same family....) One of my friends in our group going in August booked Bally's prior to March. He is gold and 100% comped all days. He changed his reservation to Harrah's a couple weeks ago and it added the resort fee.

5. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, thanks guys. Looks like i'll accept the new Visa card and get the upgrade to Platinum. I'll just put my monthly bills and whatever else on the Visa, instead of my other card. Then in August i'll go to the Total Rewards counter and pick up the Platinum card before check in.

6. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET properties do not charge a Resort Fee, and never will!

Oh wait, nevermind, but I am sure you can still trust them...:eek:

7. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too booked with Caesars for my next trip (but it won't be till 2014) and you are correct about it listing the resort fee. I just looked at my booking and it is quite clear... the five days are "comp" and the resort fee is $25 per day for $125 plus tax. I am also a lowly Gold and I too plan on getting that TR Visa however since my trip isn't till next year, I plan on waiting a bit to time it so I can use the two free "Buffet of Buffets" they also are offering in addition to the Platinum upgrade. Good luck and if you can, give us a heads up how the Visa card helped...

8. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, i should know if i get the card by the end of the week. If for some reason i don't get it, i'll still do the $20 trick to upgrade to a room closer to the pool.
    I go solo, so i don't know if the Buffet of Buffets will work for me.
    The only reason why i want to be Platinum is to avoid the resort fee. I stayed at Rio a couple of weeks ago and booked Bally's in Nov. (i booked both before March 1st) and both were comped and no resort fee, but decided to book Caesars (after March 1st) because Caesars was comped, but as a Gold card holder i would have to pay the resort fee.
    Yes, i would hold out until you're closer to your arrival date for the Buffet of Buffets to take advantage.

9. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Quad (a CET property) in April for four nights (two of them comped). I'm TR Gold and, for whatever reason, they didn't charge any resort fees (my room was also booked in April).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.