1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point rooms

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by JWBlue, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which standard room should we request?

A room with a review would be great.

Room is not that important since we won't be spending a lot of time there so we don't want to offer $20.00 to the clerk.

What room would be reasonable to ask for without having to tip?

Are there floors and rooms to avoid?

2. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any room should be fine. Other than suite vs. standard, number and type of beds, they are all the same. Expect a view of the parking garage.

FYI to all, I bought during the sale and including resort fee, the room came out to $67/night for 2 weeknights.

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. All the rooms are the same and there is no view particularly worth having. Even the suites are just double sized rooms with a kitchen/bar, living room on one side and bedroom and bath on the other.

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only time I've stayed there, the first room they assigned us to was on the fifth floor and looked out on a huge stucco wall not far away. It gave me a weird feeling and made for odd lighting in the room. We called down to the desk and agreed to pay $10 a night more for a "mid-level" room. We much preferred that. We were on the 20th floor (iirc) with a view looking toward the Strip. I wished that I'd asked for a higher floor from the get-go, and then maybe they wouldn't have charged me for it.

5. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    South Point is easy....all the regular rooms are the exact same...deluxe is NO view...mid view is $10 more and you can see mountains, city or pool...$10 more is city view...top floors with views that can be in any direction and go on forever. The diff in price is all about the view the room is the exact same. Suites are sweet...we love them. My TR down in the Trip Report section has a video of our South Point suite from 2 weeks ago. You can try "tricks" at checkin...last I knew South Point wasn't big on taking them...they will offer you an upgrade if you want to pay...but honestly, just pay $10 more when you reserve and pick the mid level instead of the bottom and you will probably be happy and you don't have to worry about it. $50-$100 extra night at checkin can get you (possibly) a jr. suite, professional suite, 1 bedroom suite ...now the suites are all different. Size and layout.

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed one night in Feb I had a great view of AC units on top of a roof. I really personally didn't care, I was there for 1 night just to sleep before checking into a comped room elsewhere. I will say I was very impressed with the size of the room, how good the bed was, and I used the coffee maker the next morning.

I went back out a couple days later to gamble a bit and try the buffet

7. ritilinkid

ritilinkid Believe it or not I'm walking on air.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SP Room

JW, the standard King, will be very good. SP is so far away from anything that the "selected view" is not important. But if you have a few extra bucks go a little higher for a nice panorama.

The Kid

We're Goin' Dammit
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.