1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Understanding Coin In/Out

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Naturaleight, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a table games player that has started to play more slots and VP. I understand the comp levels for table games and what you are entitled to comp wise based on upon avg bets.

What is coin/in out and how does it work? What would the equivalent slots wise be to a table games player with an avg bet of $500?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coin in is measured EXACTLY - no guessing or human intervention.

And the term coin in could be mis-understand. It is actually COIN BET, not what you put in. For example, if you put $100 in, on a $5 per bet machine, each time you hit the button, that is $5 coin in (or $10 if more credits, etc). Just assume you bet $5 for now.

With that same $100, you could play 50 spins if you had a few wins along the way, and your coin in would be $250 in that case. If you only got 4 spins and then left, it would be $20 coin in.

Cash out is of no concern. Cash in is of no concern. Winnings or losses are of no concern.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    both slots and tables are based on theo. they talk about tables in relation to avg bet 4 hours per day and slots in relation to coin-in to make it simpler for people to understand. but behind the scenes everything is theo.

according to some rough calculations, $500 avg bet 4 hours per day is approximately equal to 10-15k coin-in per day depending on the slots you play and the hold %.

4. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for comp purposes what's considered a high coin in that will get you the suites and RFB?

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know, but I do remember hearing a while back from my host that you needed $80k coin-in per day for a 1BR Skyloft. based on that, my 10-15k coin-in = $500 avg bet is way off. I think it's more like $30k coin-in per day = $500 avg.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The $30k coin-in per day on slots as being equal to $500 BJ is probably accurate. thecarve recently posted the following numbers he got from his Wynn host for the Tower Suites:

At Wynn it's $1.50 per point at slots and between $6-$15 per point for VP. So 25,000 points would be $37.5k coin-in at slots or between $150k to $375k coin-in for VP. They're equating that to $550/hand BJ.

7. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

The above explanations pretty much nail it.
    The way I explain "coin in," to people, because of course they think I am some degenerate gambler blowing just tons of cash because of my comps, so I explain coin in, something like this...

I put $100 in a machine, say a $1 slot with a 2-credit max, now every time I spin at max, that is $2 "coin in"
    So I put in the hundred, and hit a cherry, and win 4 credits ($4), now of course I am not going to cash out on that, right? No, you keep playing. So you hit some cherries, some mixed bars, maybe three single bars, but no real big wins, let's say nothing over 20 credits ($20) and you never got above the initial $100 you started with, so you keep playing....well, all those cherries, bars and small wins add up, and let's say you can stay alive playing for a half hour and then lose all of the $100 you put in....but in reality, you probably won in total $200-$300 combined, so in theory, you had a coin in of $300 - $400 in that half hour....$100 cash you put in, $200-$300 you likely won in small increments, totaling a coin in of the combined.

How'd I do?

8. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind, coin-in is still subject to theo loss. $80k coin-in at 9/6 jacks or better will not get you a 1BR Skyloft. I put in between $100-150k/day and barely make Sky Suites at Aria. If I played 9/5 DDB my theo would more than double.

Coin-out matters in the sense that a large actual loss can sometimes trump theoretical loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.