1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip View, Jacuzzi Tub, Great Hotel?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by akguy, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akguy

akguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in Vegas last year at the Paris and used the $20 trick to upgrade to an amazing Red Premier End room that had two views overlooking the strip and the fountains. It was fantastic. The hotel itself was fine, but not special. (We did have a wonderful dinner at the Eiffel Tower.

I am going back in July to celebrate my 60th and staying 4 nights. I'm also bringing another couple for two of the nights in another room, to help celebrate.

Right now I have reservations at Caesars for the Octavius Tower Luxury Room. I think it has a jacuzzi spa tub (I was going to call to check) and a strip view. I'm not getting the greatest deal but I can cancel. The 4 nights avg 165 plus the 47 for resort fee and taxes. I have been trying to do better or equal for less. I do like central strip, but, visiting the restaurants and MB last time showed off the property well. So, I am looking at deals at Aria, theHotel, MB and the Mirage. (I stayed at the Mirage with a strip view about 20 years ago on my first trip. Back then the hotel was cutting edge.

A great view is one of my musts and I'm not sure I want to chance a $20 trick to get it this time. A nice Jaccuzi spa tub would be a great bonus, but not absolutely required. There seem to be deals to be had right now at Mirage and Aria but when looking at Arias panoramic or city view rooms, they don't seem as good as what I had at Paris.

Any thoughts?

Oh, and by the way, my wife and I are not big gamblers. We enjoy Vegas more for the food and the shows. Our friends just play slots.

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Write your dates and it will be easier for board members to help you out with deals. Either way my suggestion would be Cosmo with a fountain view, dunno if its in your price range since i dont know the dates.
    Bellagio could also be an option but there standard rooms is kind of meh but much better then Paris and Caesars, it will cost you a little extra but i think its worth it.

3. akguy

akguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course you are right. We are going July 2nd - 6th, with a second room on the 3rd and 4th. I also checked and the Cosmo is sold out for the 4th.

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo has a promotion that if you stay longer the 3 nights you will get 20% off. Since you are staying from sunday to thursday u can get a great deal on their terrace suite for 800 total for a real suite of 900sqf and a huge balcony facing the Bellagio fountains. You cannot get a better view or room for that price in Vegas.

5. akguy

akguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, but actually its Tues thru Saturday and they are sold out on the 4th.

6. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked june instead of July. Sorry about that but since staying on different days and on a big holiday that will be out of the budget.

7. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to upgrade to a Bellagio Fountain view, you could try the $20+ tip for the Augustus Tower. My question is why are you paying the resort fee? If you have a TR card and Platinum and above, they waive the fee.
    The Augustus also has Jacuzzi's. The reason why i mentioned Augustus is because you want the best view, and the best view IMO is in Augustus over looking the Fountains of Bellagio.

8. akguy

akguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the room descriptions the Octavius room I booked says view of the Eiffel Tower, which I would think would also be of the fountains since they are across the street from each other. Is this not correct? Also, I have a TR card but it is not platinum and I have no points so I don't think they waive the resort fees. If they did, wouldn't everyone just sign up to get the fees waived?

9. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be at Caesars in August, and from what i have seen, the Octavius is further west than Augustus facing Flamingo Blvd. They both probably have views of the Fountain, but i believe the Augustus Tower has more of a view.
    I have Gold as well, however, i decided to get the new TR card and will automatically become Platinum. I decided to do it because it's free, no finance charge because i always pay my balance off each month, and the new card will replace my other card because there's no fee.

10. akguy

akguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TR Card

Thanks for the tip on the TR card. I also pay off balances every month and I get rewards cards from airlines to get free miles. (Last year got 100k from British air for getting their card and spending a grand)

However, I don't see anything in the benefits of being platinum that says they don't charge the resort fee. Maybe its automatic when you book it?

11. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it's automatic one you are approved online. You will be in the system as a Platinum card holder. Platinum and above are waived the resort fee. I will save $125 (my room is comped). You can use the money instead on dining and also get points.
    If you read the resort fee thread, people have said that by getting new card, the resort fee got changed to no resort fee on their reservations.

12. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the rooms that I have stayed at, at Caesars the Octavius tower sits so far back for a good view. The Agustus tower gives a closer view of the strip. this picture is from a corner suit in the Agustus tower to get a idea. Both are nice rooms with jacuzzi spa tubs. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.