1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gay Bars

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by SwingLifeAwayJB, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingLifeAwayJB

SwingLifeAwayJB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been to any of the gay bars in Vegas and which ones they would recommend going to?

2. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Myself & the wife were with 6 friends on a previous trip to Vegas - one of our friends is gay and wanted to go to a gay bar/club so we all went along and it was a great night in fairness. I can't remember what the place was called tbh (not much help) but I do know it was one of the most popular ones when we asked about it.

It was 5 minutes in a taxi from MGM and located at the back of the MGM/PH/Paris side of the strip.

We took the option of bottle service & VIP booth located upstairs with little ledges overlooking the dance floor. Each booth had an LCD screen to which you could txt a message to a number & it would appear on the screen (These details are here for someone else to give you the name of the place)

Overall we had a great time & my wife's friend said it was a great place.

Hope that helps.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much of the gay nightlife in Vegas centers around an area called "the fruit loop"... it's just south of the Hard Rock on Paradise at Naples. There's several bars/clubs there. It's also where the world-famous dive-bar, the Double Down in located. Unless you're staying at the Hard Rock or maybe Terrible's, it's definitely a cab ride in and out. Some of my friends also swear by a place called Fun Hog Ranch, which is in the same general area, but north on Paradise to Twain I think, then just a bit east. That is definitely a cab ride in and out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a place downtown called Drink and Drag in Neopolis that is a gay bar but I think really caters to everybody. It opened last year. I have not been there but Ive heard people on this board say it was fun. I assume they have drag queen shows but dont know. Maybe Sam will be by and give you better info...

5. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you're talking about Krave. They are no longer in that location and have moved to Rio temporarily as they await to open they're new mega gay club (the largest in the world I believe they are billing it as) at Neonopolis downtown.

6. dtm615

dtm615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In October, the partner and I went to Drink and Drag with a friend of his who recently relocated to Vegas. Its fun, its a little disfunctional though, I'm not used to a club that has both go-go boys and drag queens. Don't really expect drag performances, like a regular drag bar either. Also, it was a little pricey for the quality of venue ($1-2 bucks higher than I expected per drink), and that's coming from someone who has been a regular at boystown bars here in Chicago.
    Anyway, we still had a lot of fun.

7. SwingLifeAwayJB

SwingLifeAwayJB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much, I might have to check it out. Thanks to everyone for their replies.

8. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlies is a fun little club too. It is a short walk across from Orleans. It is a country western bar, with dancing, etc.

9. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Krave - Definitely sounds familiar mate:thumbsup:

MEGA GAY CLUB - I can only imagine:Þ

The gays certainly know how to party:eek::beer:

10. dtm615

dtm615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to that Charlie's but I know its a chain. If It's like the one I used to live 2 blocks from, it is fun. The one here in Chicago changes over from country to dance a little after midnight. If that happens in Vegas too, It's an experience I think everyone should see once.

11. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drink and Drag is always fun. Extremely inexpensive on weekdays - free bowling, $2 appetizers, 2 for 1 drinks, etc, if you are on their texting service. KRAVE is currently Friday and Saturday nights at the Crown Theater inside the RIO (also a great time). Their permanent location on the third floor of Neonopolis is still under construction but delayed and mired in controversy.

As for the original poster's location, it sounds like PIRANHA. There is also a very popular club called SHARE.

12. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll preface this by saying that I don't personally spend much times in gay bars, except that in Albuquerque, it's common to bring top-tier djs into a LGBT venue because it's the only house big enough to hold the audience for big acts.

I went to either a gaybar or a gay night in the Beatles-themed club in the Mirage called Revolution. I followed my ears, and I'm not bigoted enough to turn down free nightclub entry--even if a leatherboy is letting me in. The people were very nice. The club was nice. Eventually, the lack of women and openly-expressed sexuality became too much, and I left. But I stole some good dance moves in the meantime!

They featured a drag, lip-synch show, but I just didn't get it.

I liked smartone's post about the fruit loop--it reminded me of reading Genet.

13. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Revolution Lounge hosted gay-themed parties on Sunday at Mirage. They called it "Closet Sundays". Not sure if they do anymore. Haven't seen any adverting or buzz recently.

14. wndrwmn71

wndrwmn71 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When did Krave move?

Also, my friend and I were at the Double Down (my choice), and noticed the sign outside Freezone & decided to go there (his choice). I'm a straight woman (friend is gay), but I didn't get a bad vibe while I was there. He actually thanked me for finding it for him. Bartender was friendly and made a couple creative drinks for me (I don't normally do gimmick drinks). I did notice after about an hour he decided wearing a shirt was too much so he removed it.

Never did get a chance to go to Krave or Piranha. I wanted to take him but there the blood alcohol level wouldn't allow for it.

15. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jan. 18th

16. SwingLifeAwayJB

SwingLifeAwayJB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sam! I really do want to check out Drink & Drag. I also really think Share sounds fun. I might try that out too.

17. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like things still go on at the Mirage Revolution Lounge. This was just posted:

[​IMG]

18. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope that they literally call it that - 'MEGA GAY CLUB!'

I'm not gay, but I'd check it out just for the name's sake. :thumbsup:

19. Canadian_Guy

Canadian_Guy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite club is Share - especially Stripper Circus Friday! :wink2: Don't be shocked when you go there as it is in the middle of an industrial park. Even our cab driver was unsure when talking us there. :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.