1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

5/1 - 5/5 Birthday and Girls Trip!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ButterflyMtn, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well no dancing on stage with Vanilla Ice this trip but we had a ton of fun.:thumbsup:

Left Denver right when the snow was starting 5/1 Wed morning...THis flight was just my sister and I, the other girls were meeting us on Thursday. The flight was just delayed about 20min to de-ice the plane but other than that no issues. Landed in Vegas and headed to Mirage. I had two night stay from MyVegas. First time at Mirage and loved it. The Dolphin Bar at the pool was nice and chill and sat back that you felt away from everything. Had dinner at Mastro's in Crystal's that night and was yummy.

Thursday sis and I went to minus5 bar at Mandalay Bay and had fun...again comp entry w/ two cocktails each from MyVegas. On the way to MB we found the secret pizza place in Cosmo for a slice..that hit the spot.

Thursday evening the other 6 girls arrived and we went to Thunder Down Under...sure it was fun but no Magic Mike..lol Then we went to The Act night club at the Palazzo for their End of the World party that happened to have my favorite DJ - DJ Michael Toast spinning. We danced until close (4am) and got some food from Denny's and went back to the hotel.

Birthday Friday we had to check out of Mirage and went to Flamingo where the other girls were staying. We had a FAB Luxury and total downgrade from our resort room at Mirage but it was cleanish and we faced directly to Caesars Colosseum...great view

Went to Sugar Factory for dinner and then just bar hopped and danced around...cant recall too much since birthday girl gets a lot of shots..lol :wink2:I do remember one of my friends and I gambled a bit at Harrah's before bed at 3am. Funny my mom posted a pic on FB of my sister and I when we were little and a photo I took in Vegas and put them together with the heading "When we grow up we want to go to Vegas" LOL

Saturday morning/afternoon we went to the GO pool at Flamingo and enjoyed the relaxation of vacation...and recovery. That night went downtown and did the zip line and gambled a bit....Binions has been nice to me the last few visits and I broke even...no big wins.

We had a 8am flight in Sun morning soooooo of course we weren't going to bed...It's VEGAS :drunk: We went to Caranval Court and danced the night away until close and then danced at the after hours at the piano bar until about 5:30. Went to our room, grabbed our bags and headed to the airport...going through security "as sober as possible" was quite comical :evillaugh

All in all it was a great trip and can't wait to go back! my next trip is in Nov for the Rock n Roll half marathon and my husband will be going with me so not much of a party trip as I usually do but I do have next summers trip in mind!

Viva Las Vegas!

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your TR - Loved your mom's pix!!!

- Linda in TX

3. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that photo too!!! Glad you had a great trip.

Easter again..:
  4. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your Trip report....Glad ya girls had fun..:beer:

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the fun trip report! It sounds like you had a great birthday celebration.
    Have you ran the Las Vegas RnR before, or will this be your first? Hubby and I have run the RnR and its predecessor (the "new LV marathon") several times since 2001.

Good luck on your race! You will have a blast!

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun Birthday trip! The last night "all-nighter", I remember them well.

7. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Girls only trips are the best! :haha:

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure did get out of Colorado at the right time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.