1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Private jet ride with Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski to LV

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by walylama, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walylama

walylama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you would like to get crazy with Gronk in Vegas Two days before he goes in for the fourth surgery on his arm than some website has his auction to do just that. Jumpseat.me has a few different options on four seats on the private plane that will take Gronkowski and a teammate to Nevada.

“This Saturday night, share a cabin and fly privately with Rob Gronkowski and Julian Edelman from Boston to Las Vegas for a last minute get away before Gronk goes for yet another surgery,”
    Rather bizarre if you ask me.

2. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a website where you are just paying for extra seats on a private charter plane. He happens to be the one with the extra seats for this particular flight.

3. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does partying affect recovery time from major surgery? Part of me thinks he partied away a hall of fame career.

Gronk is strong like bull, smart like tractor.

4. BCeagle

BCeagle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would prefer Gronk's lady friend Bibi Jones be on the flight than Gronk

5. walylama

walylama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure she's moved on to other NFL players, but yes, I agree. Especially since I'm a 49ers fan.

6. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's just too funny!!!:nworthy:

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:
    Dude needs to grow up now, party when it's all over.

9. KyleB

KyleB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like he cancelled his trip. Def not a Pats fan, but its the offseason, he def should be able to do what he wants, the Pats had no problem with him trying to play with a forearm last year in the playoffs

10. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he'a a real pro then he wouldn't just do want he wants. Their med said he could play. You think they would risk a good young player like that? Of course not. Dude needs to grow up before he is collecting a paycheck bagging food instead of catching a football. Most pepole with real jobs don't do what they want. They work and after they retire if they can then do what they want. A dumb ass that can make alot of money and does what he wants won't be much longer. It really isn't a hard one to figure out imo.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe he had the surgery today. No Pats fan (Raider fan, so I never get to root for anything) either, but I agree with Kyle... dude's 24 I think... live your life your way young man, but know that you're not invincible or irreplaceable and an NFL tight-end's shelf life is limited in the best of circumstances.

What's his crime? Partyin' in Vegas? ... and we're gonna judge him on this site? Really?

12. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the airfare was $20,000, it seemed he wanted someone else to pay for his flight. So much for sharing the ride.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol dude do you know how much it costs to charter a cross country private jet? well Netjets is about $13k per hour, so for a 6 hour flight from Boston to LV (remember most private jets fly slower than large commercial jets) you're looking at $88k. 4 people would pay $22k each. but that price is when you buy 50 hours, so for a one time trip it should cost more. so $20k is actually a good deal.

14. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My question was actually genuine.

I read an article on yahoo sports about the amount of infections he had from the initial surgery, and the article writer wondered if the partying may have caused problems with the surgery recovery time.

In Gronk's case it seemed like a pretty major infection.

I sympathize because I had toe surgery when I was 16, and it developed into an infection, which developed into septic shock.

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude, how about NY to LA on a Citation X for $20k, 8-10 passengers? A smaller jet will be less.

16. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't mean to diminish your question... I believe it was sincere and you may well be correct, he might be in the process of partying away a hall of fame career. Though I have no medical background whatsoever, I gotta believe rest, good nutrition, etc. are far better for surgery recovery than boozin' it up in da cwub in Vegas.

That said, though his partyin' sure grabs the spotlight, I'm unaware that he shovin' herion needles in his arm at the local crack house or doing any of it to an excessive level that it's become a major concern. I'm sure the Patriots would love him to stay home nights and watch HBO, but that's not who this guy is. So many of us who played sports wish we had the opportunities he's had and the physical gifts he's been given we can't comprehend that anyone would do anything less that maximize and follow Dr's advice, but ya gotta be who you are IMHO to get through this life and few of us are perfect.

Maybe I spent too much time rootin' for Oakland Raiders teams in the 70's that were full of "colorful" characters who didn't allow their "evening activities" to detract from their on-field performance on Sunday's and I'm well aware the game is bigger, stronger, faster and full of better athletes today... but ultimately he is who he is.

17. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if that's not a deadhead route they're selling cheap, that's a hell of a deal. you can't get rates like that anywhere.

18. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumb! Nobody expects him to stay home nights and watch HBO. Come on!

19. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dude, somebody's being taken for a ride, this isn't a deadhead flight, the rate back is the same.

20. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DUDE!! That would barely cover the fuel cost and airport fees...let alone cover wear on the aircraft and the pilots' pay

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.