1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Encore early check-in?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ams722, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there's been a billion posts like this before, but I didn't see any for the Encore when I searched for it so please forgive me if I missed one.

I'll be taking an early flight into Vegas next Sunday (9 am departure in Detroit, 10:30 am arrival in Vegas). Has anyone had any experience with early check-in at the Encore? My friend won't be arriving til that evening, and I kinda just want to chill out and rest in the room for a while til he gets there.

I have no standing with the Wynn/Encore as I've never stayed there and only played there a tiny bit before. Just wondering if I'm gonna have to wait til 3 or if they'll try to charge me for it.

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They let me check in at 7am once. I was running away from the Excalibur and they probably felt sorry for me, though. :evillaugh

3. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We pretty much stay at Wynn or Encore most trips. Because my wife is such a spaz, she always wants to get into Vegas as early as possible, so we usually are checking in at Encore around 8:8:30 am. No extra charge. They have almost always had a room ready for us. That being said, around 10:30 ish, for the most part we've gotten a room, but for us, it seems like it tightens up a bit a little later in the morning. I bet if you don't have a special request for a particular floor, etc, you'll probably luck out.

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I made my reservations last month for Encore, the clerk on the phone said I could check in at 11am with no problem. She then went on to tell me that if I get there earlier and my room for some reason is not ready, that I could drop my bags off at the Bell Desk, and get a pool key from the reservations desk and go hang out at the pool. They would let me know when my room is ready while lounging poolside.
    HTH

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll just reiterate what everyone else is saying: if they have the room available, they’ll give it to you. They won’t charge you any extra.

I’ve stayed there several times – almost always checking in early. Only once did I have to wait for a room to be ready – unfortunately I had to wait until almost six pm. Of course, it was a very busy weekend; it was packed everywhere. (Fortunately, I was with a group and the other two rooms were ready – so at least I was able to freshen up and change clothes.)

One thing I would suggest, though: ask for a “quiet” room (they’ll know exactly what you are talking about). These are the north-facing rooms. Otherwise you will be able to hear some of the bass from the clubs until well into the morning. It isn’t the worst thing in the world – the TV on softly drowns it out for the most part; but it certainly isn’t ideal, either. If faced with the choice of a “not quiet” room now or waiting for a quiet room…I would choose the latter. It might be a little inconvenient, but if you’re a light sleeper, you’ll be cursing your impatience at about three in the morning, should you choose the non-quiet room.

6. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a problem checking in early at the Encore. Couple of times I arrived around 9AM/9:30AM and able to get a room without the huss and fuss.

7. JimboS

JimboS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on how busy they were the night before and if rooms are available. I stayed there once on a Sunday and had to wait until about 3 to check in.

8. Oskee2001

Oskee2001 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple weeks ago I wanted a high floor strip facing room, so we had to wait, but if we're ok with a lower floor we could have checked in early, no charge.

9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the helpful responses.

Is it worth it to try the $20 trick there? I've got a standard 2 double room booked.

10. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, save your $20. The $20 is mostly a fruitless attempt at the Wynncore properties now. It used to always get people into the panoramic rooms but that has mostly gone away. The property is big onto upselling you into upgraded rooms if available. And they're usually at a pretty fair price as opposed to the rate you would have paid if reserving in advance.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.