1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Baseball course & batting range

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Aurelien, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelien

Aurelien Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone,

I love the game of baseball and I played it when I was a kid, but as you can guess there is close to no baseball clubs in France and quickly I was playing basketball.

Now I share this great game with my son and there is even an opportunity for me to play in a city nearby. But first, I want to have some basic knowledge to teach my son, and I'm searching for one or two lessons while in Vegas, do you know if there is this kind of paid lessons in batting range of Las Vegas ?

2. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are great batting cages just south of the strip that I used to use often when living there, you hit into an open air stadium that has Boston's green monster in left, Baltimore's warehouse in right and two or three other iconic fences in LC/center/RC. Don't remember what it was called and I have no idea if they do any kind of lessons but it is quite fun. Just go south on LVB and take a left on Sunset, it's on the right hand side across from the airport.

3. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might try emailing the Head Coach of College of Southern Nevada - apparently he gives lessons there at the school. Having your lesson at a college stadium and the rest of the facilities should be pretty exciting for your son.

You might also try contacting the Head Coach of UNLV.

Have fun!

When we Were Young
  4. Aurelien

Aurelien Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for your help, I'll get in touch with the batting range, if you have the exact name that'd be great !

For the lesson, man, that's a brillant idea! This June I'll be without the family and maybe I'll just get some batting practice with the batting range staff, but I'll definitely book something when I'll go back to LV with wife & kids.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it the Sport Center on Sunset near the airport?

That looks about right - location, the different "major league walls" etc. Sounds like fun!

6. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that's the one. From the few recent pics I have seen it has went downhill a bit over the years since I was there but it's still an open stadium batting cage. Always nice to take some BP and actually have a fence to shoot for ;)

7. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also once done at the cages (or even if you pass them up) continue on down Sunset and find a place to park on the left side of the road for an unobstructed view of the runways. Your son will enjoy watching some planes come in for a landing :)

8. Aurelien

Aurelien Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks, I owe you some beers for the excellent tips :)

Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.