1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Security Deposits at Luxor & Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by StuartUK, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

I got 3 nights at the Mandalay Bay (Wed-Sat), and then 5 nights at Luxor (Mon-Sat)... (although luxor is comped mind..)

Anyway, dont use credit cards, just have debit cards (were from the UK also)...
    Any ideas what they charge per night for the security deposit ??
    I will state at check-in that nothing will be charged to the room anyway...

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  2. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my experience, and I'm a US person...if you don't want to place charges on your card their are no fees or incidental holds at Luxor or MB. I could be wrong, but we were never charged or put on hold anything. And I used my check card.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had any holds on mine when I stayed at Luxor. Never stayed at MB and only used a debit card.

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to ask to have a $100/night hold for 2 nights placed on my debit card a few weeks ago. Wanted to be able to charge drinks at the pool to the room.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a foreign debit card it will be used the same way as a credit card if you have connected it to a visa or mastercard etc. Just tell them at check in that u dont want to charge anything to your room because you dont want the extra hold on your card and they will accommodate it. The most they will hold then is just one night and it will be released at check out. Just remember to press the credit card option when shopping our going to restaurants, it wont work when u press the debit card option as you are visiting a foreign country.

6. marktaylor

marktaylor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stuart just get yourself a pre paid credit card from the likes of thomas cook

im sure there called money passports , add a couple of hundred dollars to it just for this instance then when finished just remove the money via an atm with the pin number they give you

i always get one when going to vegas as it saves having tons of cash around

7. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MB was kinda snotty to me when I checked in with a comp room a couple of years ago. Since they have a minibar in the room, they insisted on some sort of credit card hold even without room charging. Of course, things could have changed.

There are no minibars in any of the Luxor standard rooms, they will probably be easier to negotiate no security deposits with.

8. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay always takes a deposit, cash or CC/Debit Card even if you're not charging to the room. Everyone in the VIP check in knows me and I have tried to get around leaving it many times and they will not waiver on it.
    It is usually $100 a night up to a max of I believe $400.

I stay fully comped RFB and they still make me leave the deposit every single time.

Luxor will also demand a deposit but I'm not sure what their amount is.

9. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at MB a year ago and didn't have any kind of hold on our card. It was a prepaid room if that makes a difference.

Sema Show
  10. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience the US treats our UK debit cards as Visa credit cards. However, they will take a cash deposit, it's usually negotiable and I'd expect no more than $200 needed. Check out and use it for duty free on the way home.

11. AllieWhitt

AllieWhitt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deposit

I just got back from a 6-night stay at Luxor and we were required to leave a deposit of $300 for all days. I truly believe it depends on the luck of the draw (which check-in rep you get). It was convenient for just charging things to the room...like the little boutiques and a meal or two.

AllieWhitt

12. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the info :) :)
    Not an issue leaving a deposit, we got a £600 ($800?) float on my UK visa debit card, was just curious as were staying 10 nights total, in 3 hotels! Thats a lot of security swipes! :D :D :D

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  13. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay is $100/night I believe....I think Luxor is either $50 or $100....haven't stayed there in forever. They change these policies often, so the best thing to do is to just call the hotel number, ask for the front desk, and find out what their policy before you leave for Vegas if there is a possibility that the deposit could affect you. Plan for at least $100/day deposit. Some places charge a different deposit based on whether you are using a credit or debit card. Wynn, for example, is like $100/day authorization on a credit card, but $300/day on a debit card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.