1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys for a first timer?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by macker69, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, so I have stayed at Ballys at least a half dozen times, always booked comped south tower, but have always got north tower a check in by asking. Now my girlfriend is coming with me on this trip and she is a Vegas Virgin. I was looking at rooms on youtube and obviously the North Tower is nicer in the sense that it has been renovated more recently, but the views are average at best. The South Tower can have some really impressive views, but the rooms can be dated from what I've heard and seen. So as a first timer to Vegas what you prefer?

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Girls like nice rooms. North tower ftw!

You can show her the fountains from the little lounge area on each floor.

3. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stayed in a South Tower room last week and I have stayed in the North tower before, the North tower rooms have nicer furniture and bathrooms, but the size is the same.

I would suggest a North tower room for a Vegas first timer

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love the views of the South tower and usually have good rooms with new carpet & bedding. There is something magical about being able to see the wonderful fountain shows from your room. We can often even hear the music. You know her better & can decide if a "slightly" newer room with a terrible view would be preferred over a decent room with a view. I bet she will have a geat time eithr way. Good luck!!

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some obstructed view rooms of the strip in the North Tower. One of those on a higher floor is proabably the best choice.

6. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

My last South Tower room was pretty gross. The only things going for it were the view and a newer flatscreen TV. Particularly for someone's first time in Vegas, I would go North Tower and then see the fountains up close or from dining at Bellagio or Paris.

7. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's

I stayed in a South tower room last week...I had a south facing view of the Strip, with a side view of the Bellagio fountains.....it was impressive at night....the room itself was clean...the carpet looked reasonably clean....as mentioned, the furniture is dated...there is a flat panel TV.....my only gripe was the thumping music from who knows where....not a big deal, but I was surprised considering the room was located on the next to last floor from the top...

8. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She is a Vegas Virgin and you are going to stay at Bally's? Do you need another Luna Bar? :)

9. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thankfully she is not the least bit pretentious and it's a comped, free room. Thankfully I don't have to worry about paying $400 a night on busy weekend at MO or Bellagio to make her happy. We do have a night time helicopter ride and dinner at 5 star restaurants booked...Although I'm not sure why I'm trying to justify myself to you. Thanks for hijacking my thread though.

10. OhioGuy

OhioGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave for Vegas on Wednesday and it will be my first stay at Ballys. Looking forward to it because of the center strip location. Think I'll go South Tower for the view, I'm only in the room for a few hours everyday, i'll take the view over the space.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Bally's would be just fine. I might lean to Paris myself, but either way it will be fine.

As to 5-star restaurants... maybe, but I think less will still be fine. A first time visitor will be overwhelmed with so much going on already.

12. Steggy

Steggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Bally's a lot but have always stayed in the north tower. My wife would definitely take nicer room (north tower) over views but she doesn't care about the view. Either way, Ballys is a good spot. It's still got some of the older vegas vibe IMO.

13. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say go for the north tower. I had a friend that stayed in a north tower and I didn't believe him when he said he had a pretty decent view of the fountains. I had to go up and check for myself. It was obstructed with the south tower smack in the middle, but surprisingly decent nonetheless.

(I hope my pic works. The flash sucks. And that white line down the middle is the window pane.)

I have had decent views on the north side of the north tower as well. I have always found check in clerks to be very friendly and helpful at Bally's so I am sure they can put you in a location you'll be pleased with. :)

Have fun!

P.S. If someone thinks a fancy hotel room is necessary to impress a Vegas virgin, I think they are doing Vegas wrong! :evillaugh:

Attached Files:

14. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the picture, never knew you could get that view in the north tower. I've always had the side facing the Flamingo

15. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, my BF took me to IP for my first time, so anything is an improvement to that. :thumbsup:

Get the South Tower. The rooms are not that bad. The view is TOTALLY worth it for a newbie. Just tell them you want a fountain view. I teared up everytime I saw the view. (in a good girly way)

16. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here were our South tower views...
    vegas trip 2010 006.jpg vegas trip 2010 005.jpg vegas trip 2010 002.jpg
    vegas trip 2010 010.jpg

You would be nutz not to go South Tower. Its all romantic at night and stuff. (Hint...hint) wink wink

17. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And more...

vegas trip 2010 009.jpg vegas trip 2010 001.jpg

vegas trip 2010 008.jpg vegas trip 2010 016.jpg

18. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But you can't get a complete fountain view int he South Tower - correct? You get like half the fountains?

19. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, great pictures and view. Ask for the room Sapphire had.

20. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing says romance than the 70's sunken tub room I got last year in the south tower :vomit:

Attached Files:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.