1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room mess-up

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Starz22, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasent sure where to put this....

I have a Go luxury with strip view room booked at the Flamingo for June 12th-18th. They have the best rate guarantee promise. I found my same room and dates for over a 100 dollars cheaper than what I paid. So I called them up and explained everything to them...the lady was very helpful and said she could change my reservation so I would get the discounted price. Since I had booked the room before resort fee's kicked in she assured me I won't have to pay them. She said I had the same confirmation number,no need to print out new papers.

When I went to check after all was done....she had messed up and changed my room from 2 queen beds smoking...to a king with no smoking.
    What I'm wondering is....should I call and get this fixed or would this work in my favor to get a better room than I have now? Or am I screwing myself by expecting too much from their mistake? I don't want to show up and get put in a room lower than the one I booked in the first place.

2. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just call and be nice and explain to the person you talk to that somehow your room preference got changed and ask that they change it back to what you want.

3. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, if you have a go luxury w/ view, that is the highest room class they have before you start getting into suites. As far as I know all their suites only have king beds, so if you need two queens you wouldn't want a suite anyway.

Just make sure they still have you booked in the same room class you originally booked.

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally they will reconfirm at check-in and can usually switch but you are taking a risk that one is available.
    If you are like me and my wife we don't take chances. The only gambling we do is with the machines and tables. :thumbsup: We would call ahead to ensure that the room is at least what we are expecting.

5. Dege6

Dege6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt you could get anything lower than what you booked in the first place (two queens, smoking). But you're dreaming if you think you're going to get some sort of upgrade on your discount package, because they put you in a king/non-smoking. If it's important to you to have 2 queens and be able to puff away in your room, you better call and fix it now. Heck, maybe they'll throw in a package of ham and a loaf of bread for your terrible inconvenience.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call now and get it straightened out if you really need the 2 queen beds.

Wow, with this response, I thought for a second I was on the TA forum :)

7. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, with this response, I thought for a second I was on the TA forum :)[/QUOTE]

Too funny, love it! :thumbsup:

8. thebucket

thebucket VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

(Really, room preference can be a major issue in terms of trip-enjoyment)

9. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dege6...so sorry to offend you. I have seen many times people posting so and so messed up on my room...I got an up-grade. SO Very sorry that I thought I could benefit from their mistake. It IS important to have double queens as I am rooming with my sister. I very much LOVE to puff away in my room. Yes...I smoke...and pay dearly to do so.....so shut the f up...
    And iffen I get lucky I just might get me some ham and bread...PUTZ

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  10. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been reading some of Dege6's other posts and he/she has a very bad attitude problem. Not sure why they are angry at the world.

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Contact the hotel now and make the change. There are conferences going on the days you are there and a truck show so do you want to take the chance a correction may not be possible?

I would think you don't want to start a vacation with having to scramble while checking in to get your original reservation fixed if they can. You fortunately caught the mistake now so why not have the piece of mind knowing you're going there with no hassles initially. Just a thought.

12. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did call and got the matter cleared up. I didn't want to start my vacation in a bad mood,like others said. Peace of mind and getting very excited! Thanks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.