1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airfare Went Down After I Purchased

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by OleoOleo, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OleoOleo

OleoOleo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started shopping for flights and was flexible with the dates but if I did anything less than 14 days out the prices were ridiculous. I ended up going with Delta from Palm Beach to LAS for $536. (Kinda high, but the flight times were what I wanted, not crazy times.)

I just happened to look the next day and the same flights were $338. Because I bought the ticket online, and it was before midnight of the day after I bought the ticket, I was able to cancel my first reservation and rebooked the lower priced flight.

I've never seen that happen before where prices go down with less than 14 days before travel.

I'm so glad I just happened to look at the flight again. More money to spend while I'm there!

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought someone mentioned about 24 hours to change a ticket before. Could you explain that? Is it Delta or all the airlines. Is it company policy or a FAA policy? That could be useful to all of us in the future to understand.

Jimbo338

3. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimbo. Looking for southwest?

http://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/customer-service-commitment.pdf

Canceling Your Reservations without Penalty
    A reservation, once booked and confirmed by purchasing your ticket(s), means that we are holding space for you on the specific flight(s) shown on your ticket or Ticketless Travel Passenger Itinerary and Receipt.

We will allow you to cancel those reservations and/or tickets without penalty if you call or cancel online at southwest.com within 24 hours. A refund will then be processed to the form of payment of the ticket purchase.

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

No OleoOleo was flying Delta and I wondered if it was a Delta Policy, each individual airline's policy, or an FAA regulation that plane reservations can be cancelled without penalty and with full refund withing 24 hours.

Jimbo338

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it is a federal reg.

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a Federal Law. 24 hours to change/cancel.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, you get until midnight the next day to change your mind and cancel.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for making that clear for me!

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.