1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Room rewards changing?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lisaloveslv, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it just me or all of the room rewards gone? Not cool, MyVegas! :nono: It figures, just when I hit 100K LPs too.

2. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give it about a day.

They've done this massive overhaul on the Tickets before -- I'm pretty sure they will come back though not in a good way with (a) a higher price tag and/or (b) 1 day instead of 2. Only once has an overhaul never affected a price or value with the Steakhouses.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't see any of them.

3. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Overhauling to add in resort fees, which were once covered by the reward. Thank god I redeemed for Aria last week. Would have been upset to get this far and have that change.

4. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too, I got Aria a while back and holding it for a June trip. :)

Looks like they've rolled out Excalibur, Luxor, Bellagio (NEW!), and NYNY so far. Within the next hour they should be fully done. But yes Resort Fees, Taxes, and Extra Person Fees are not covered anymore ...

EDIT: They just added Monte Carlo and Circus Circus now.

5. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is gone!

They removed that reward when I have accumulated 200,000 LP!

6. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They added Mirage and MGM now.

The Aria room?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I noticed in your post (disregard my post >_<)

7. Pocketaces

Pocketaces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weekend price for mirage seems lower right now that the midweek. That has to be a mistake? Can I combine the two rewards? It looks like I can redeem now for a November 13 trip. Whereas I thought last week I had to wait until I was 90 days out.

This is getting confusing and not sure if its worth my time anymore.

8. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mid-week room rewards

I went through the revised Room comps. Here are the rooms and discounts that I found now available for mid-week comps. Bellagio has been added (but only discounts) and MGM Grand has been added.

Circus Circus
    Excalibur
    Luxor
    Monte Carlo
    New York New York
    MGM Grand
    Bellagio - 20%, 25%, 30%, 35% off (based upon amount of loyalty points used)

9. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    room comps

note: There are some weekend comps available too...but I am focused on going mid-week when it is less crowded in Las Vegas.

10. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MikeSlotPlayer - look at the fine print for the "bonus" rooms as there is a link to a calendar that shows that most dates are backed out for them. Also be aware that you will now have to pay the $20+ night resort fee for your "comp" room.

11. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What to do now?

The rewards seem to keep becoming of less and less value since I started playing myVegas. I was planning to stay at the Aria using my loyalty points. Now I am wondering what to do. Any suggestions?

12. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just added Aria now (OMG) 430,000 LPs for 1 Weekend Night excluding taxes or resorts.

Yes they are becoming less and less value. I'm not sure, I'd say probably buy the room and use your LPs on actual things like Tickets (best deals) or Meals.

13. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria room comps are back!

I just found several options both mid-week and weekend that are now posted! :thumbsup:

14. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, though these new deals are :vomit: (sorry I like the game but they're going about dealing with the explosion increase of LPs in the wrong fashion).

15. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    has anyone figured out what the "bonus" means and why for example at Luxor is the bonus room cheaper?

16. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few "bonus" days where if you book for that day it's cheaper LP's. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many bonus days available. You need to look at the different calendars to find out if the date you want is a regular day or a bonus day.

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the new format. So many options at every resort! The bonus dates are a pretty good deal, and you can add extra dates at your mlife rate.

I think these rewards are realistic. I mean come on, how much would you have to gamble at Aria to get 2 free nights? It's insane they were giving it for free. You can always not redeem a room reward if you don't like them, go for something else. But personally I like the options

Also, you can't plan a trip around a reward, and it's not supposed to pay for your trip. and it's FREE.

18. jalalabad

jalalabad Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

Agreed. Plan your trip what you want to do and stay and everything else earn through play is bonus.

19. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly! There are soo many people complaining about the changes they are doing. I've read some say they booked their airfare already and are not freaking out because they can't get their free rooms. LOL Well, that's your own fault for booking your non refundable airfare around a room that you haven't gotten yet! We were already planning our trip to Vegas to get married when I found the game. Originally planning on staying Sun-Thurs, but added a day for the free room. Planning on getting the Luxor for our last night. It would have been free, but now only have to pay the resort fee. Still a helluva lot better than room AND fee. Playing this game is going to make a great trip even better. Not MAKE a trip!

20. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a player, I don't like these changes, but I definitely understand them.

As the developpers have said several times, the prizes were never intended to make up for a significant portion of a person's Vegas vacation, just supplement to it. Given that basis for the game, the rewards have in many respects been too good.

Again, I don't like that the rewards that I too want have been made more expensive or removed, but I can't really fault the company for doing so. And I know that I for one will keep playin (in the background while doing other stuff on my computer) and redeeming as many rewards as I can get.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.