1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any San Fran experts on the board?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Just a suggestion. If you really want to see SF do a bike tour.

We did one with www.sosfbiketours.com last June and it was great. SOSF bike tours offered several different tours both in location and length of tour. In our group we had all ages.

BTW No Hills-you ride around them(the wiggle).

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rebooked at Hotel Rex.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll like that hotel... I haven't stayed there, but one of my business associates has on several occasions. Steps away from the cable-car line close enough to hear the bell) and in the heart of it all. You're gonna love that location so much better that Grove St.!!!

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gasp, smartone agrees with me for once, I just fainted, ha ha. Tripadvisor gives good reviews of the Rex, hope you got a good price.

Joe, probably a good move, the Rex is very central, in a safe area (as in any city, just be aware of your surroundings, always better to be safe, esp at night) and within walking distance of the union square area, near the cable car line and bus routes. You walk a block to stockton street and can take the #30 bus to get to fisherman's wharf (through chinatown).

sounds like a fun trip! make sure you give us a review and your opinions of the area and the hotel!

5. Quixote

Quixote Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is another vote for Hotel Diva. It was an excellent hotel.

I'm not SF expert, but I did learn the following from a tour guide when I was there in March: Stay north of O'Farrell and you should be fine. That street marks the beginning of the sketchy part of town.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure the Hotel Rex is part of the same ownership group as Diva... and you're so correct about O'Farrell. Ellis gets a little dicier, though there are some dive bars worth a visit (not suggesting Joe and his wife visit) and Turk and Eddy are straight-up nasty...nothing happening down there, especially after dark, that most normal folk need to witness.

7. Quixote

Quixote Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there, I ended up going to the Exit Theatre on Eddy. I thought my friends were exaggerating about how... interesting... the street life was, until I turned the corner. Still, I didn't bother anyone and they didn't bother me.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah in that regard, SF seems pretty tame, nothing like Oakland!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.