1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria or Cosmo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Steran12, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steran12

Steran12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been lurking awhile and finally decided to join. Just booked my flight for 2 nights in Vegas. Trying to decide on a corner suite at Aria or a wraparound at Cosmo. What do you guys think?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guessing comps are not an issue.

A room with a view of the fountains and a open air balcony trumps Aria corner suite. Unless having a separate living room and bedroom is important.

Or you are planning to spend most of your time playing at Aria.

3. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a video of my Aria corner suite
    http://youtu.be/4y9nCVDCCGs

I've never stayed at Cosmo, but I would love to try to try the wraparound because of the balcony. However, the corner suite was extremely nice probably the coolest bathroom of any room I've ever had (not necessarily the nicest).

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wraparound and its not even close. Much better room and the huge balcony with view is a very nice added bonus. Its really not fair to Aria to compare the corner suite vs a wraparound, i have never stayed in one of Arias sky suites but im guessing that will be a lot closer. Even Cosmo´s terrace suite is much nicer then arias corner suite imo.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wraparound has a separate living area and bedroom, it even has 2 bathrooms.

6. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You really cannot beat the balconies at the Cosmo...

7. Steran12

Steran12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the odds of a Terrace Studio getting upgraded to a wraparound at the Cosmo with a $20 trick? It looks to be a very slow few days that I will be there 5/27-29.

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very slim.

They'd upgrade you to a Fountain View Terrace Studio or a Terrace Suite before a Wraparound.

9. Steran12

Steran12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help!

New question.

Basing this off of similar price points:

Aria Corner Suite vs Cosmo Terrace One Bedroom.

What do you guys think?

10. panmalv

panmalv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at both a fair bit -- they are really very different hotels. Assuming you are talking about a fountain view terrace room at the Cosmo, that terrace just can't be beat. Especially if you are a young person looking to party, the Cosmo is defiitely your place. However, if you are looking for a true five-star hotel, the Aria has better service, cleaner rooms, and bigger pools. Really a tough call and I love both hotels -- just depends on what you're in the mood for.

11. Steran12

Steran12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing drawing me to Cosmo is the Terrace but that is a big thing vs mlife, cool room technology and easy access to MC's cheaper tables at Aria

12. JimboS

JimboS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in both corner suites at Aria and wraparound at Cosmo. The aria suite is nice and even has a bidet in the Master bath. The bad thing is that is on the corner so it is a very long walk to the elevators in the middle of the building. Cosmo wraparound is great with pretty much a full kitchen and balconies on two sides but unfortunately I didn't get one facing the Bellagio.

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wrote an in depth comparison a couple months ago.
    Although i enjoyed many things about the Cosmo,including the terrace,Aria is still my preference.
    Other than the terrace,everything else about the corner suites at Aria are better than the one bedroom terrace at Cosmo.

14. OhioGuy

OhioGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personal preference, both are great. I just like Cosmo (the bars and atmosphere) better then Aria.

15. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 1 bedroom at Cosmo have a weird layout so thats why i think its priced the same as a terrace studio who i think most people prefer. I do agree that the corner suites @Aria is nicer then the 1bedroom but remember u are comparing a suite to a typical standard room. The terrace suite @Cosmo who is their cheapest suite blows Arias corner suite away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.