1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas How far ahead do you need to book room using reward?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by 16gauge, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have a trip scheduled for mid July. We plan on the first two nights on the strip, using myVegas rewards. We currently have her game at level 80. We "bought" the 2 night NYNY spa suite, but have not called to reserve the room. I understand that you can "return" a reward for a room prior to calling and booking it. I would like to get her account to level 90, return the NYNY room, and snag one of the mirage rooms. At the rate the last few levels have gone up, I'd guess that it will take two to three more weeks to get there (and hope that the mirage room offer is still there).

My quandary is this - do I settle and "lock in" the NYNY room now, or chance being able to get to 90 and get the mirage room (and then two Terry Fator tickets). Has anyone had any experience getting denied/approved "booking" 30-40 days out? I really want to get the mirage room, but am fearful of being out of luck for anything if I wait too long. All of our other nights on the trip are already booked elsewhere.

2. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't comment on your odds of getting the Mirage then, but the current Terry Fator reward says that it has to be used by July 1, so you shouldn't count on being able to use that for your trip.

3. Majik9

Majik9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The jump from 80 to 90 is long and time consuming.
    Additionally, the days you want to book may not be available or the limited availability gets consumed before you get there.

My advice, call in and book the reward you currently have for the days you want to be there and use any addition LP's you get by leveling up from 80 to 90 on something else.

either way GL

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd call ASAP and redeem NYNY, they may not have availability. If they can't help you they will refund it for you. You shouldn't plan a trip (the rooms at least) around awards you don't have yet.

Also yea it takes a really long time to level up from 80-90.

5. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    too late for getting the last few levels needed for the mirage 2 night stay. MyVegas changed all its room offers today. All the suite offers are gone. All the 2 night offers are gone. Now they are requiring resort fees for "free" rooms.

I guess I'll book my 2 night NYNY spa suite that I grabbed last week and make this my last MGM owned property stay.

6. cstutor89

cstutor89 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as they have room they will accommodate you. To be honest, in the 9 months I've played I've never seen them revert to an old reward they had in the past once they've changed it (upped their price). I don't think that the 2-Night Mirage would come back so the 2-Night NYNY is one to keep. Booking far in advance (30+ days from now) is okay but you have to be absolutely sure that's the day you want to go b/c you can't refund once you've set the date. If the 90-day period for NYNY is running out definitely set the date soon, if not you have some leeway (I'd wait like 12-14 days in advanced and then redeem it).

7. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the NYNY room last night. With the changes they made yesterday, there was nothing better to strive for anymore.

8. npro1464

npro1464 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same question. I'm booking late august, so technically I should wait at least a month until I cash in my LPs for free nights at Monte Carlo, right?

Also, whats the max we are allowed to use? I was planning on cashing in 3 free rooms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.