1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D, corner king or premium corner king?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by C0usineddie, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The website doesnt really say what the difference is between these two, anyone have any info on them?

2. Fish Tacos

Fish Tacos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the only difference is that the Premium Corner King is located on the upper floors.

3. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I honestly don't know, but will post here about it in roughly a month. I reserved a Premium Corner King for my early June trip. I've never stayed at the D before but used to stay at Fitzgerald's about once a year. Dying to see how much has changed in the rooms.

4. Fish Tacos

Fish Tacos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D website gives further information on the Premium Corner King if you enter your arrival and departure dates. There will be a small dropdown menu with various rooms to chose from.

The Premium room is on the 16th floor or higher, offering a better view I guess.
    :beer:

5. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Premium Corner King

We stayed in a premium corner king for five nights in February. As they say, it's the corner rooms on floors 16 and up (I think the top floor is 35). We were initially given a room on the 16th floor. The building narrows starting at 16, so our room looked out on the rooftop of the 15th floor and large air conditioning units and spotlights. We asked to be moved higher up, since we were paying for the "premium" bit and the view hardly seemed premium. We got a room on the 23rd floor the next day. Much better.

The rooms are nice - comfortable "pillow top" king bed, loveseat sleeper sofa, two other decent chairs, small table, an under-counter refrigerator, and a wrap-around window. The bathroom was semi-remodeled (new marble top and sink, but old jacuzzi tub with an odd humpback bottom that made it hard to stand while showering).

If you are noise sensitive, request a room on the southeast corner. That'll put you away from Fremont Street and the stage between the Four Queens and the D. That's what we requested (and got) and the noise level was low by Vegas standards.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i get it, not too worried about the higher floors, i just want a bit more seating and room. thanks.

7. ORANGECTYNY

ORANGECTYNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it has to be me..but I feel very claustrophic in the D rooms. Even the premium Corner King. I love the view and all (except for the window advertisement) I love the fact that a refrigerator and coffeee maker are included. But I think the ceilings are lower than other hotels. Whenever I am in there, it just makes me feel very confined. Once again...I know I am in the minority of the D lovers who feel this way.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.