1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upgrades at flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Grace, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grace

Grace Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! Just made diamond for the first time and though we have been to vegas before, never with a diamond card. We currently have a go luxury with a view booked at the flamingo comped for 5 days Monday-Saturday. Was wondering what are the chances of getting an upgrade? What type of room could we be upgraded too? Any other important perks we can look forward to? Thanks for responses, any additional info would be great!

2. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm only platinum, but I've been upgraded to the mini suite before, without asking. I'm guessing a decent ADT and a slow week did it in my case.

Being diamond would certainly be an advantage at check-in, because the other TR lines are poorly marked, and sometimes not even given priority.

On the general floor you have a wider selection of alcohol for free, if that is your thing. For example, I drink Maker's Mark, and they charge me $2 for it, when it is free for diamond+. Or at least they start saying that, until a few tips magically raise my rating.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's really it...your room is already extremely upgraded, I'd just stick with it to be honest.

The only other options are a GO Mini Suite or Neapolitan Suite. But those aren't all that impressive, or too much larger.

I'd upgrade hotels ;) (do you have any other options? have you been to Flamingo before?) haha but you room is good as far as Flamingo goes.

4. Grace

Grace Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at the flamingo in the go luxary rooms
    For the past 4 years and have always been happy,
    With the room and view! We Like being in a smaller place
    With quick access to the strip. Stayed at ceasars our first trip out
    And we're completely overwhelmed! Always been platinum so didn't know if we could expect different.

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In February of last year I had a Go-view reserved. When checking in we were told they were out of those rooms and bumped us up. We assumed it would be a mini-suite, but when we got to our room we saw that it said "Martinique Suite" across the door. Huge room. Main room was about 50 feet across with floor to ceiling windows directly across from Caesars. Two bathrooms and a full kitchen.

I'd shoot for that.

Also, I'm just a Gold card holder. Just got lucky by checking in after 4 during a convention.

6. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that different from the "Metropolitian" suite? I'll be checking in to Flamingo for the first time next week and don't know which suites to inquire about

7. AceTen

AceTen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just a platinum member, and they upgraded me to a Cosmopolitan Suite without asking. It was a nice suite that they don't advertise on their website. Lots of space, I'd go for that one if you can.

8. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grace - we've never been above Gold status and have been upgraded numerous times when checking in at Total Rewards properties. Last January 2nd we were upgraded from a Fab Delux to a Go Luxury w/ Strip View without even asking. Asked for a room with a spa tub and he couldn't comply. He still got a $20 kickback.

We usually arrive in Vegas very late evening. I always say to the front Desk Clerk, "I'll be generous with you, if you are generous with me. Could you put us in a room with a jacuzzi in the bathroom?" Once at Paris and once at Planet Hollywood the Clerk wasn't able to help. But, at least 10 other times we've been upgraded. We stayed in the Panorama Suite at Pho; Le Manz and Calais and Nice siutes at Paris; a suite of some type at Imperial Palace. We've also been upgraded in the similar fashion at Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, Red Rock and Green Valley Ranch.

With your status and histroy with CET (TR) I imagine you can ask for a suite with some confidence.

later, GVJ

9. Grace

Grace Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info gotavegas! Think we're
    Going to ask for an upgrade, can't hurt! Plus we're
    Happy with the go luxury that we have booked
    So even if they can't we will still be good.
    Any one have any other perks that diamond
    Members get besides the lounges?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.