1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Level 60 to 90

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lnz, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnz

lnz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone remember how long it took them to get from level 60 to 90 in myVegas?

I know it will be different for each person, but I'm trying to gage if there is any hope in Hades of getting from level 60 to level 90 before I go in 90 days time so I can get the 2 nights at Mirage. I suspect I have more chance of getting back-to-back royals on VP when I get there than getting to level 90, but part of me still dares to hope......

My other option is to take the 20% off deal with upgrade to "view" that is showing for Mirage on smartervegas.com and then use my LPs on non-accommodation options.

Appreciate your thoughts.

It's been a while
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is possible to level up once or twice every other day.

But... the possibility that there will be room availability for you dates that close in, is very small.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you keep the same pace, take the time you took to level 60 and double it. Because you need 24M more XP (36M total) to get to level 90. But you'll likely be able to speed up somewhat by betting 1000 a spin either on slots or blackjack. And with blackjack, you can bet even more than 1000 without too much risk to your chipstack, but 1000/spin or per hand is optimal for level 58+.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember. If you have a lot of chips and a good amount of time. My advice would be play hard when they have the Double XP games. Yes, bet 1000 per spin.

If you need 24 million points, wouldn't that be about 24,000 spins, at 1000 a spin? Excluding any Double XP days...

I'm on level 95 now and I feel like it takes forever to level up.

You shouldn't have a planned trip around a reward, because there is probably at least an 80% chance they will either get rid of the reward before you can snag it, change the price or lower the quality of the reward, or there will be no availability by the time you can cash it in. I redeemed that in March and gave like 10 different dates and they couldn't accommodate me. Also, I'm going in July as well, it's pretty reasonable during the week to stay.. might be better off using your points for something else.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, its all about how much you play... both in terms of time and amount bet per spin.

If you do need 24,000,000 XP to get from levels 60 to 90...

If you are playing at 200 chips bet per spin, thats 120,000 spins... at about 500 per hour you are talking 240 hours worth of play.

If you are playing at 1000 chips bet per spin then you are only talking about roughly 48 hours worth of play, or 24 hours of play at 2000 chips per spin or only 12 hours play at 4000 chips bet per spin.

I've only been playing the game off and on - twenty to thirty minutes here, fifteen minutes there... but I had a lot of chips and so I was able to bet big and for me to go from level 95 to level 130 it only took me a week: because I was betting big.

That goes back to the "How much should I bet?"

The "bet only 200 chips per spin" is the most optimal for chips to LP ratio... but the key is that it does take a whole heck of a lot longer to get up there in levels than betting more does.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As mentioned, they may change the reward by the time you get to level 90.

This happened to me while planning my current trip: Was saving LP's for a 2 night stay at Monte Carlo (which was only 100,000 LP), then all of a sudden, they raise it to 150,000 LP's. I knew I'd never make that so I spent all my LP's for 3 awesome food deals.
    I get comped rooms anyways at CET and reduced rates for MGM properties, so I figured I'd put my winnings to good use; and it's something we all need in Vegas besides a room.

Good luck and hope it doesn't change by then. At the rate they have been lowering values of the rewards and increasing LP's to get them, I highly doubt this will still be around at the same price when you hit level 90. :poke:

7. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, that's the only decent room deal left really. Good chance it'll go away or go up in price soon.

I barely gamble, literally like $100 a trip, and even I got a room offer for $29 at Mandalay Bay and $39 at MGM midweek... I feel like you'd be better off purchasing a room, and using points for food or show tickets.

8. lnz

lnz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your insight.

The flights have been booked for a while - I just hadn't decided where to stay and play. When I discovered myVegas, it seemed logical to get a place to stay using LPs. It was starting to feel like work to get to level 90 and looking at your experiences, it was going to be a bit of a slog to get there.

I've booked the accommodation outside of myVegas and the game is fun again. I'm playing for nice-to-have stuff. I've already booked a ticket for a show - something that I wouldn't usually do on a solo trip - and the Bellagio buffet is in my sights....

It's been a while
  9. hallra

hallra Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is the Blackjack game?

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  10. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Click on table games :)

11. mike92009

mike92009 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly 45 days according to my spreadsheet :rolleyes2:

12. lnz

lnz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty good estimate mike92009!

It's all academic now as the level-90-locked Mirage room I had my eye on has gone by the wayside, but ...... I just hit level 90 and it's about 45 days from starting level 60 to getting to level 90.

It's been a while
  13. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, FOREVER!! I think I hit 60 in March-ish and Im only one level 83. Granted I only go on about 3 times a day to collect and play maybe 15 mins a day unless its Double XP then Ill play til Im out of chips....

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, sorry to hear that your main reason to get to level 90 was taken away. :( Maybe you can get one night on a "bonus date" (Aug. 7th or 8th)? I'm guessing you probably have to pay the stupid resort fee though. We went to Vegas right before they changed the room awards fortunately, and Mirage is a very, very nice hotel. Probably the nicest place I will ever stay at while in Vegas since I am terribly cheap...lol

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  15. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were trying to get my wife's account to 90 back then as well (her account is @ 25 levels higher than mine from an earlier start). She was at 80 and we wanted the 2 nights at the mirage as well. We are going in mid July. I was getting antsy and grabbed the two night NYNY spa suite (but did not call to reserve it) thinking we could return it for a refund when she hit 90. She was at @86 at the time. Well, a few days later all the good room offers disappeared (and all the 2 night offers) and were replaced by the new garbage one night offers that require a resort fee as well. Luckily we had our "back-up" two night NYNY room that we will use.

We will only be on the strip for those two nights at NYNY before we head to downtown and then to Sams town (we much prefer downtown to the strip, but free rooms are free rooms). Between the two accounts we have the 2 nights NYNY, two all day buffets, and two Monte Carly $50 dinner credits. I have plenty of LP's on my account left, plus one more reward slot that can be used. However, there is nothing currently offered that we want to use it on. We do not need any more rooms or food rewards. There are no show rewards that we are interested in (nor really anything that is a reward for two). We wanted the two tickets to Terry Fator, but it disappeared before we had the points to grab it. Hopefully they will offer some decent reward that allows two people to enjoy it before we go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.