1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards

Discussion in 'Comps' started by AcesFull72, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused how the Total Rewards promotions work. According to the site, I have 2 offers for 2 free nights available. One offer for May and one for June at Ceasers, Ballys, Harrahs, Flamingo or The Quad. When I click on one, say Flamingo, it brings up three months of calenders, but every day is blacked out "NO OFFER". If I click on the Quad, it shows an offer on pretty much every day of those months, but if I select a couple days, it gives me a total and they are not free nights. I don't get it. First, why put Flamingo on there as an offer if its not available? Second, why does it still seem to charge for the two nights that should be free?

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call reserv, give them your TT number and they will see your offers and you can go from there if you want to do it that way.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try changing the room type. The same thing happened to me, and the room type was a FAB room. I changed it to a GO Deluxe and suddenly dates showed up. Not sure why a lower level room wouldn't be comped, but it worked for me.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be a fluke.

Or it could be....

All offers are not 100% until booked. Sometimes they sell out of the available rooms for the offer. They send out offers for a few million people to come stay with them. At a certain point, they either sell out the hotel, or sell out of rooms available for the offer. Depending on your level of play (not the gold, diamond, etc), but your ADT, available rooms change.

But, I would still call.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably in the minority, but i don't even look at offers (i have 12). I look at my rate calender because the only offer i want and get is comped rooms. I don't really care about dining offers because i still have to pay for the room. So starting next week i have 3 hotels books (Rio, Caesars, Bally's) comped (2 no resort fee) for the year.
    As far as Flamingo, i have comped rooms the whole year (Sun-Fri). I'm Gold (CET) and still don't understand the ADT. I was there last Nov. but i thought the ADT was determind at the beginning of the year? Next week will be my first week in Vegas for 2013. But whatever, comped rooms are what i go for and they keep giving them to me, so.......that's an offer i can't refuse.

6. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sign in and go to the all property calendar and look from there. I ignore my "offers". They always say 2/3 nights and may have a $20 freeplay or some other useless add on, but if I go through the calendar I can get 5 nights comped (which to me is much more valuable. ...and we always stay more than 2/3 nights in a property.

Waverunner, it is NOT your ADT that resets but your Tier Score. Your ADT is what they think you spend on an average day in a property, it is not credits that you have earned. ADT = Average Daily Theoretical...how much they figure you spend per day (we don't know this number, it is a magical number that they calculate with calculus and pull out of their butts)...Tier Score is how much you have actually spent for the year and resets to 0 every year, this is what determines your Tier Level Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Seven Star and your Reward Credits is how much comp you have available to spend.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can think of a few reasons why this might happen:

1. Offers are always subject to blackout dates, and the blackout dates can vary by hotel.

2. Your rating went down after the offer was already in your account.

3. You are trying to book too close to the current date, and they have allocated all the rooms under that offer at your play level (usually, though, it will display "SOLD OUT" rather than "NO OFFER").

4. Sometimes a convention or some other type of event will have a large number of rooms of a certain type blocked off, and the blocked rooms may be the default room type in the calendar. Do what Josie suggested and try other room types in the dropdown list.

5. Temporary glitch in the system. CET's system is excellent, but they do occasionally have hiccups.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I have only used one offer in all of my stays at CET properties, the rest were via the regular calendar.

However, most offers say something like "3 free nights or calendar rates..." In the one case where I actually used an offer, I was able to get 5 comped nights in addition to the minor freebies associated with the offer. So it pays to check.

9. Majik9

Majik9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I happen to login to my Total Rewards account where my TR balance is Zero and my Tier is the starter Gold. As I almost never stay or gamble at any of the Caesar's properties.

Anyways when I look at the full calender for all Vegas resorts and nothing stands out. I, go back and click on just the P.H. one and it seems the price is lower than the calender when comparing all the resorts. So I wonder what some of the other resorts would be when I click on them individually.

So I click on the offer button and click price and $0.00! So I figure cool, book it and get July 2nd and 3rd also for $0.00. So I book that figuring I'll go up Tuesday after work and be there on the 3rd and 4th. I also got a comp room at Excalibur (MGM) for the 4th.

So in a nutshell, it was time consuming but by clicking around on individual dates I found the same offer that it seems you have.

10. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate your response, yes my Tier score is currently zero for 2013 and i am Gold. But what i don't understand is why they think my ADT is apparently "better" than a lot of other people in here. Why is MY "magical" number giving me comped nights Sun.-Fri. all the way up through May 2014? Including Caesars. My bankroll for the week these past few years is actually lower than the past when i would gamble day and night. I really only gamble in the evenings now (i do however only gamble at CET). So wouldn't my ADT score reflect that? Why am i getting comped rooms, except NOBU, for the whole year even though my bankroll, compared to most people in here...........is pitiful?
    I was away from Vegas for a year and a half for health reasons, i was able to return in Nov. 2012 for $20 a night. But now for 2013, my "play" warrants comped rooms at Caesars, Rio, and Bally's etc. even though i'm spending less per day (i used to spend $4000-$5000 a week), but since 2005 about $2500-$3000 per week. I never got comped rooms at CET previously before 2011
    I got discounted rates but never comps. But my ADT, for 4 or 5 hours per day, for whatever reason, is good enough to them for me to keep coming back.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ADT is a rolling average. They are capable of looking at your play for the entire time you have been in Total Rewards. It doesn't reset but for offers they may look at x number of most recent visits in determining offers.

Also, don't forget that Total Rewards is part statistical analysis of your gaming play and part marketing analysis. Sometimes offers and calendar rates are more about the marketing engine identifying players they want back to develop over what may make sense in regards to theo.

12. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it seems to be the case where the whole calender may say "offer" on the days, but I have to click around all the days and search out the ones that say "$0.00" for them.

13. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waverunner

The best I can tell you is what you are gambling daily is higher as others have said Our offers our similar. We our both gold members. Cet values Gold memebers like us mor than a Plat member who grinds it out over a year. We have shown over time that we are willing to lose money over a short weekend vs. the grinders or first time CET users. That is why you and I will get a comp at Caeasars. Anyone damn near who signs up for CET will get a midweek room at The Quad.

14. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's ironic Judge, is that i may be at Platinum level as soon as my first week is over because of the new TR tier points upgrade. 500 tier points increase 125 points per day, 1000 tier points increase another 1000 points per day, etc. Or probably in August at Caesars Palace. Another irony is the tier points upgrade also include the hotel, but i won't be getting any because by rooms are comped for the whole year.
    Do you or anyone else know whether you can get tier comps at CET restuarants for using the TR card WITHOUT using reward credits?

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not too sure of the question here...

If you PAY for the food with real money, you can get Reward Credits. Not many, but you can get them. Personally, I would always use RC's first. The credits you get are NOT Tier Credits anyways.

And, all comps/offers are based on your ADT - not your level. Not your Tier Balance. Not your RC balance.

16. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What i mean is this.......if i go to a CET dining establishment that takes my TR card, which is noted on the menus, and gives me a $1 or $2 discount off of the total, lets say $12 is the total........will that increase my tier count? The TR website states that i can get 1 tier credit per $5 spent (which i pay) at the register. I have a small amount of RC which i may use at Starbucks, but the website does say i can earn tier credits from dining and hotels.

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You earn Tier Credits and Rewards Credits for any amount you spend out of pocket.

18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected. (at least I am standing today).

You do earn tier credits for spending, along with Reward Credits. But, really, these do not amount to much. Spend $100, get 20 tier credits. Big deal.

FROM TOTAL REWARDS WEBSITE:
    Reward Credit Earnings
    $1 Entertainment Spend = 1 Reward credit

Tier Credit Earnings
    $5 Entertainment Spend = 1 Tier Credit

19. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

If you dine at a TR restaurant and charge it to your room you get 1 to 1 on your dining. Charge everything you can if you are staying at a CET property to your room.

20. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been told you don't get points when you charge purchases to your room but only when you present your card and pay at Point of Service. It looks like you can get points for your actual room but I don't think you do when you charge a meal to your room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.