1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Firefly CLOSED due to Food Poisoning

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by smartone, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird stuff. It just seems strange that so many people at one time could get food poisoning. Sounds like there might be foul play involved or they received a bad batch of ingredients.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it last summer due to the good yelp reviews. Big misstake since my girl got a real sick. Im pretty sure it was from the sallad since she was the only one having it. I had a bite and ended up throwing up as well but didnt nearly get as sick as she was. We were 2 more people in our company but none of them tried the sallad and didnt get sick.

The food tasted decent but not nearly as good as Jaleo or the tapas joint at Aria.

4. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was the salad tossed?:evillaugh

6. Capn12

Capn12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sucks to hear. We've eaten there many times, on our trips to LV, once the one closed down at the Plaza downtown. Never any problems at all.

7. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am one of many of the reasons why it closed down. I ate there last Monday, party of 12. 4 of us ended our vacation with salmonella poisoning and it's been awful. From 2 days to 6 days the runs, cramps, fever, chills, fatigue are non stop. We think it was the fries. I had the sliders, ribs, and chicken skewers along with the fries.

Last night we got a call from the South Nevada Health department. They have a active investigation. They got my number from the reservation sheet and called. I gave numbers to all those who were affected. We were all interviewed, had to report our menu choices on a website to document what each of us ate, when we ate it, when we got sick, etc. They were very very thorough. I was very impressed. What will become of it I don't know.

I've eaten at the one on Paradise before and havent had a problem. Thank goodness it didn't affect us until the last day of the trip, but I did lose a good day and night of fun. The flight home was not pleasant either, using the plane toilet with a bout of food poisoning is not fun at all, for me or for anyone else needing to use the bathroom.

For all my suffering I did lose 16 pounds. 12 in the first 48 hours. You think they will compensate me for the dinner?

8. Capn12

Capn12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Hey, all my love for FireFly aside, I'd do the same thing if that happened to me. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that on a plane ride back home. Holy heck that would suck.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: I know it's not funny if you got sick, but hey, we have to laugh!

10. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got food poisoning.....ain't nobody got time for that!

Oh Lordy Jesus it's the fries!

12. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The owner is too busy trying to get famous on the Food Network to pay attention to what is going on. He has been on two different shows now. Restaurant Steakout, and another one but I'm not sure what.

13. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that and now being a victim of that place, I hope it closes for good. 44 demerits, dozen of violations, previously closed due to dirtiness. I'm sorry we even considered the place. I certainly will never step foot in there again, and I'll be sure to tell anyone listening to stay far away.

14. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not surprising that no one contacted the restaurant. You're in Vegas eating all over the place and get sick, who knows where it was.
    Buddy of mine was in Vegas last year, had Sushi and got violently ill that night. Swore it was the sushi, until about 6 months later when he had tequila again, only a few shots and sick all over again.

16. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember going to the one on Paradise last summer with a group of friends because it was "so good" according to a few of them. The food was mediocre and the service was horrible. Not upset about this place being closed.

18. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a bit strange that 80+ people were sickened but they can't pin down what food item was the cause. Can it really be more than 1 food item?

19. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They say one of the barriers they're struggling with is the huge number of items the Firefly has on their menu. According to the video that someone posted above, they'd narrowed it to a dozen items by last week.

20. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm..........Firefly and Dragonfly. "Oh waiter, there seems to be a fly in my soup", when confronted, the waiter said "well, that's a good thing, the fly's keep the salmonella from causing food poisoning".

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.