1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Spa for a couples massage????

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by weiman, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weiman

weiman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking to surprise my wife when we are in Vegas in October. Where is the best place, in your opinion, of where to have the best experience with amenities?

I think I have it narrowed down to Vdara Spa (we are staying there), or Qua at Ceaser's palace. Although any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think a spa afternoon will be perfect after a night of hard partying.:wink2:

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have you ever done a couples massage together? I thought that a couples massage would be the coolest thing, but it really doesn't work for my wife and me. we've done several together, but have since gone back to getting our own services.

first of all, pre service, you are in the guys locker room and she's in the girls. so you're doing the hot tub and steam room, etc by yourself. then you get into the massage room and you're just lying there next to each other the entire time. most of the time one or both of you falls asleep. then you go back to the locker rooms by yourself. there's not really much in the way of romance or "togetherness" there.

also, different people like different massage experiences. it turns out my wife likes to chat with the therapist and I like it nice and quiet and relaxing. so for us it works out much better to have our own.

just wanted to give you that heads up in case you had a nice romantic idea about how it was going to be that it may not turn out to be.

3. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said Shifter.

We did a couples massage at wynncore and except for the time in the room together during the massage you are just in your own areas.

When we Were Young
  4. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done the "ceremony of love" at the Spa by Mandara @ Planet Hollywood a couple times and it was pricey but pretty cool.

You first split up to the guys / gals locker rooms then reunite in a private couples room with a big jacuzzi tub. You get a good amount of time in the tub then switch over to the tables (all in the same room).

We've also tried one at New York New York but it wasn't that great in our opinion. The massages were fine but it was kind of a cramped room.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, that type of couples deal is cool. on our honeymoon we did a package that included a couples mud bath, Jacuzzi, hot towel wrap and massage. basically the entire time is spent together and it gives you opportunity to just hang out and talk. that type of couples treatment is much different from your average couples massage.

6. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has several coed areas that couples can enjoy together. I haven't had massage there so I can't recommend them, but the spa itself is nice. I agree with Shifter that I don't really enjoy the couples massage. I find it hard to relax and usually end getting the giggles.

7. weiman

weiman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all. I am looking for something romantic and I think this wont be. Unless I get a lovers type package.
    Individual seems the way to go.

8. Blade

Blade Tourist

Another option...

Some spas offer in-room massges. You're all relaxed and frisky, staff folds up tables and leave.... hee hee

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.