1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Champagne Buffet or Bellagio Lunch Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Andy the Baker, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy the Baker

Andy the Baker Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm split between these two - both available via MyVegas.

Anyone got a preference? Does the Bellagio Lunch Buffet still have the top range dinner items - like crab legs, Kobe beef and Beef Wellington? I know the caviar station is only open at dinner. Is the $10 all-you-can-drink deal @ Bellagio on at lunches as well?

2. justvisiting

justvisiting Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had Bellagio lunch the last week in April (thanks myVegas), no crab legs but good shrimp. No Kobe or Beef Welington, but excellant flank steak. $10 unending Bloodys, sparkling wine or Bellinis. I've never tried the other buffets but lots of great choices at Bellagio.

Cheryl

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Haven't seen the beef wellington at Bellagio for awhile, though, it may be part of the Fri/Sat dinner.

If you want to enjoy the crab legs, arrive at the buffet before the lunch/dinner changeover at 3:30.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio over MGM. By a lot.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Bellagio one in March, didn't notice anything fancy, the focus seemed to be mostly soups and salads and pastas, and they had a few pizzas and asian things. I don't recall anything too fancy, nor was I too impressed. The food was good, just nothing fancy.

7. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Bellagio lunch buffet two weeks ago. The offering have gone completely downscale since I was last there six or eight years ago. The service is very good and the dining room is very pleasant, but the food was a major disappointment. Nothing gross or inedible, but the food wouldn't have been out of place at the Flamingo buffet.

8. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Disagree about the Flamingo comparison. Though the Bellagio buffet has gotten a bit 'tired' over the years, it still remains, along with Wynn, the best on the Strip.

9. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tried Bellagio a few trips ago.... definitely the best ive had.

i want to try the MGM brunch ... we would have to go the monday we leave though since its only Mon - Thurs until 4pm

10. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio buffet has always been great for lunch. Also, still the best lv buffet deserts.

11. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct it is on Friday, and Saturday.:licklips:

12. martydavies

martydavies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had Bellagio Lunch Buffet last week when I was in Vegas and have to agree that the food is nothing special but it is nice, my favourite also had to be the flank steak which I went back a second time for, also had lunch buffet at Luxor which again was nothing special but if your on a budget I would recommend that one as you can fill up for $15, not sure what others have paid for Bellagio but I paid $25 for lunch

13. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the 'Seafood Buffet' at the MGM on tues night. I was not impressed. They only had fried fish with a batter coating-hummmm. Nothing fresh. I earned the 'Champagne-Lunch' Buffet thru My Vegas. We will see. I hope it not as bad as the seafood buffet. I have been going to the MGM for years now, and it's always above average. I guess I caught it on an off night.

14. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the bellagio buffet in May huge disappointment. Didn't have anything exciting on it. Really downscale. Not a fan at all I had expected good things because hey its the bellagio. Not the case. I haven't tried the MGM buffet.

I really liked Aria's buffet though. Really good. First time eating at Aria and gaming there. We really enjoyed it.

15. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with Crazycrue. Just got back from a trip to Vegas and visited the Bellagio buffet for lunch on a Friday at 11am. Major letdown. I've been several times in the past and enjoyed it. This time it seemed, as a previous poster mentioned, very tired. That's the perfect word for it.

Maybe they switched to CFL's or something but the place just seemed a little dim and drab. The furnishings are showing wear (table tops and such).
    I am not expecting white tablecloth at a buffet, but these things add up.
    The food was the weakest element. The only thing I found myself wanting to eat more than two bites of were the potatoes lyonaisse. That tells you something. My brother got cocktail sauce that was warm and flavorless. He pointed this out to management and they agreed and went to fix it.

With so many other bright, inventive options now in Vegas I won't be going back anytime soon. Hurts me to say that but it's my experience.

16. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DO THE MGM BUFFET WITH CHAMPAGNE !

bellagio charges an extra $10 for champagne.

mgm food is really good ! AND our waitress did not allow our glasses to be empty which was awesome.

tri tip is awesome

i tried Bellagio during Xmas and it was good ... definately different then i tried it in May ... i think ill skip bellagio for awhile

17. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is available at their Fri. dinner.

18. steveged

steveged Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM, great hotel but the worst Champagne Brunch

Just returned from a stay this week and did the Champagne Brunch via a myVegas redemption. I knew it was trouble when I saw one of the offerings was "Taco Meat". The selection was bad, quality worse. The champagne was bittter. I love the hotel, but that Buffett compared to others on the strip ranks on the low end. I would never ever go back again even for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.