1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heat in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by beaumontbhoy, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How accurate is vegas 10-15day weather forecast . It's saying temps to hit 100-104f in middle of may

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way to answer the first half of that inquiry, but those types of temps aren't unheard of in late spring. I live a handful of miles inland from the ocean and it's almost 90 here today.

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But remember, it is a very dry heat :). And remember to drink plenty of water and you should be fine.

4. beaumontbhoy

beaumontbhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to melt. I'm from Scotland/Ireland 70f is hot summer weather. :cry:. Might have to gamble more and walk less

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back Tues, and it was in the mid 90's all weekend. I drank tons and tons of gatorade and water, and still got dehydrated. Loved it though.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its only May, I wouldn't worry about it. I bet it will be awesome.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The forecasts are dead-on balls accurate, plus or minus 20%, 95% of the time.

I recommend consuming a lot of fluids, such as beer.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10-15 day is a bit of a stretch I think, 7 and in being more accurate, but once the heater turns on down there about the only thing that fluctuates are the winds. I was there a little over a week ago and it's was 90 and coming from N. Nevada where it was 60, it was a bit to deal with, as I have to be dressed in suit and tie and go multiple places. I sure enjoyed the evenings though... shorts, sandals, cocktails and VP!

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100 in Vegas in spring is like 85 elsewhere if you stay out of the sun. or perfect pool weather if you want to be in the sun.

10. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the weather is mostly nice i even had 25 degrees c at january once
    June/july/august i would definately avoid as its too hot( although its dry heat which is not that bad but over 40 degrees c is too much for me) april and end sept/begin of october is the nicest ( mostly dry sunny and about 30 degrees c which is perfect)

11. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "It's a dry heat" only goes so far... 90 with a breeze is fairly comfortable (whereas in Ohio everyone melts when it's 90) but once it hits triple digits it is just plain HOT. Find a nice grassy park and it is bearable but anywhere else in Vegas where everything is concrete and glass? There is always a stiff breeze blowing through the valley but don't count on that to help one bit once that heat sets in, if anything it makes it worse. Picture standing in front of an exhaust vent blowing hot air on a very hot day.

12. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I can't comment on long range forecasts.

However, comparing all the weather websites Accuweather.com has been found to be the most accurate.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/las-vegas-nv/89101/month/329506?view=table

The ReelFeelĀ® index is useful. It gives a good idea what the temperature will feel like.

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're in the Great Lakes Basin so the humidity is just ridiculous. I'm a really bad whiner with humidity too. I don't enjoy our summers here because of the humidity.

Our last trip was the 3rd week of Sept and I got worried looking at the weather forecast because it was still high 90's and low 100's. I didn't have anything to worry about. The heat actually felt nice. I never felt stifled or like my bra was digging into me which f-ing hurts btw. I never got sweaty and gross. I had a big floppy hat and huge sunglasses and the sun on my skin felt wonderful.

14. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be going to Vegas at the end of June...will be my first time in Vegas at this time of year. I know it is going to be an oven but I don't plan on going outside much. Just enought to catch the tram down to Bellagio and back and maybe just walking over to MGM from Monte Carlo.

15. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it all depends what you're used to. I've been in Vegas for the 100+ degree days, and I live in Columbus, where the summer is nothing but humidity and you'll work up a sweat just by breathing. I personally don't find the dry heat of Vegas to be nearly as uncomfortable as the humidity here. Just drink plenty of water

16. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I was born and raised in Boston before moving to Cali, and contrary to popular belief, there is a difference. I'll take 100+ degrees with no humidity in Vegas over the stifling humidity in other parts of the country including Boston. With humidity, it just wears you out.

17. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's how I beat the heat in August once......

My son was a college football player. I wanted to sneak off to Vegas for a quick three day weekend prior to the fall schedule.

Landed about 10 p.m. On a Thursday & caught a cab to the Orleans.

Enjoyed a suite on the top floor, ate, drank & played constantly.

Had a 7 a.m. flight home on Sunday, so caught a cab back to McCarran in the dark early morning hours.

Got home. People asked me , "how did you survive that record heat wave?"

I was like, "What? Was it hot? I don't think so."

Then I realized that I NEVER set foot outside the Orleans doors the entire time.

So, there, friends, is one way to cope with the desert heat!

18. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole west coast is warm right now. Supposed to break into the 80's in Seattle this weekend which is quite warm for this time of year. LA is supposed to be in the upper 90's so that forecast is probably correct.

We were in Vegas 2 weeks ago, it had been in the 50's here, I wasn't to sure about the mid-upper 80's forecast I was seeing, sounded awfully warm. Hit 90 on our last day and after walking the whole length of the strip it was getting a bit warm. Hell it was still 80 at 11:00pm :beer:

We were there last July and it ain't always a dry heat. We had thunderstorms rolling through boosting the humidity up. 110 degrees sucked ass with that much humidity. At midnight it was still 100. We were staying off strip and the place had a 24 hour pool, was only open one night due to lightning. Ugh....

19. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked the forecast and guess what?
    Surprise surprise
    No rain during my 2,5 week stay:thumbsup:

20. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I just checked Accuweather and it looks like for my stay (May 11-16), it's going to be HOT. It's going to feel even hotter for me, given that here in MN it's still bloody snowing and we are still wearing our winter coats :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.