1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

April Showers of Booze & 17’s Bring May Flowers of Quads & Degenerates!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BeeeJay, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's all I've seen besides a ahiooad of.drunk degen gambliers!

2. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok Beejay -

Sorry for the silence but still trying to figure out how to post from my mobile with pictures. I may have to catch up at end of day or nursing morning hangovers from my machine in the room...

Started yesterday slow at MGM with some Starbucks and then decided to try a couple "automated table games" that I hadn't seen before there - a roulette variation and a combo craps / sicbo machine (different from the other craps machine that MGM has had for a while). Roulette kicked my ass - no 17s or 20s anywhere in sight for love nor money - so I followed team advice and ducked out after 15 minutes. I spent considerably longer at the Craps machine - maybe two hours or more. Huge rolls - if the thing offered the Fire Bet I would have won a top roll once and a lesser roll a couple times - but as usual my bankroll soared and crashed as I tried to press. I managed to wrestle it back to within $50 or so of what I laid down and called it quits. Craps is much more fun live but the machines can be a nice variation when you want to take it slow and cruise through a game at your own pace.

Tried some VP and saw the quads starting to peek out - after my mega quad on Saturday (the $250 quad that became a $3000 one).

[​IMG]
    Untitled by wpittock, on Flickr

I walked over to check out what was up with Hakasan, the new $100 million dice roll that MGM is making to leapfrog the club game. It was quiet but they were setting up cattle chutes for a later soft opening (I am sure there were many soft openings in attendance) that night...

[​IMG]

Decided to spend the afternoon downtown - as it has been some time since I have spent any serious time there. Took a cab to Neonopolis and started walking around - getting directed around the construction mess on Fremont from building out the new Zipline offering - and who should I walk into face to face but Dewey from VMB. No mistaking that face. I stopped him to say hello and thank him for all the stuff he does here. Great to have an unexpected meet this trip...

Weather was frigging beautiful. In the 70s and light breeze. Best walking around weather I had seen in years. Perfect time of the year for a trip.

Walked to the end of Fremont and decided that some microbrews at the MSS bar would be the perfect thing. But before that, I needed to do some business at MSS -

[​IMG]

Yes, Jacks do seem to love me this trip (and yes I am still playing quarters after that big hit...)

Spent an hour or two on the microbrew bar with an ungodly series of "four to a royal" hits - probably at least 3 or 4 by my count - and decided to move on to other parts of downtown. Back to Fremont and a walk through of GG to check out the future crime scene of tomorrow night... Then on to the D where my 4 OAK grazing of downtown continued -

[​IMG]

Feeling a bit hungry, went to Mob Bar for a few plates of appetizers including the famous chicken parm sliders... as well as a couple of special drinks including a champagne and bourbon mix that was awesome. Another had amaro montenegro, lime, mint, and ginger beer - a drink that I could have had buckets of.

Continued down Fremont to East Fremont and popped into El Co but didn't stop to play. Love the eye candy on that end of Fremont -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feeling a little dry, I stopped into the new Park on Fremont, an indoor/outdoor bar almost right across from Heart Attack Grill. Speaking of eye candy, the place was amazing -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The floor in the place is made from sawed-up church pews I was told. Comfortable and fun place. Will be back.

Continued down Fremont again and caught sight of Gaggles on his sprint through town, taking a break from the high limit room....

[​IMG]

Returned to MGM and decided to play a little VP while waiting to hear from Alexanbo.... and the quads continued.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally heard from Alexanbo and we connected at his Vegas HQ in the bar at Mandarin Oriental. First time meeting live - and had a few drinks and then wandered over to Aria for some gambling. I don't play Blackjack that often but it was a great night on a $25 table. Crazy stuff that Alexanbo described here as well - but one thing he didn't mention was a guy from Atlanta who colored up to a $500 chip and placed it down as a final bet. First hand got a push and next round won. He was having a first day much like mine on Saturday... Put down $500 and was up over $200 after three hours - so I call that a win in any language (including Canadian).

Up a few hundy for Sunday - with that day's bankroll intact and fluffed up a bit. Trip is a dream gambling trip so far. Looking for some trouble today when Beejay arrives but hoping to continue my streak...

More to come....

JZB

3. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay so we took the slowest cab ever from Flamingo to MGM. Town was kooky.
    We started off at those loooong bar tops close to the craps tables. VegasBj was on his third pitcher of Sangaria's and meeting us for some craps.

During that time the quads finally began showing themselves. BNK hit a couple and then finally got some Aces on DDBP.

I caught 10's on $1 BP and then 7's on .50. There may have been some chasing at the $2 level for a couple hundy.

Vegasbj and some of his friends arrive and we hit the craps tables. Nothing too much of note here. Choppy table. Played for about an hour. I had things up to $90 inside but we never really got on a heater.

We joined Vegasbj in the Mansion for a bit while he played some BJ. All in all it was a good time and always good to see him again.

I wanted some MGM HL room triple play because I have been seriously lucky there. We sat down at the only two $1 machines they have when a gentlemen sort of rolls up and says "Excuse me" to BNK. "I'm just waiting to be paid" Indeed he was. he was a royal on a $1 5 play for a cool $20 000. Whoops....of course you can have your seat back sir!

So I took a pic an sent a text to Beejay and Macker. At no point did I say that was mine though! All I said, and I quote was "SHIP IT HL ROOM MGM"
    Now if that isn't an innocent text I don't know what is?!

But it was fun for everyone to think it was mine right?

I could hear Big Sack's teeth grinding all the way from Canada as I sent it to him as well. I'm pretty sure he secretly hates when I win. No matter what I hit all he says is "You're so lucky" as he shakes his head and complains about his luck. Bit I digress....

My HL time bore fruit as I was hit two quads but cashed out as thigns were getting sleepy around here.

After this we cabbed to PHO where I see I managed some quad 8s at bar tops but I must have gave it back.

I honestly have no recollection of Paris but apparently we made it there as I see I hit two .50 quads there. I think we ate and then stumbled back to bed but I cannot even be sure. I do know we woke up at the hotel we checked into.

I also know it was a small net win when I get this money back from Uncle Sam late next year on the withholdings. But...a winning trip however small is a winning trip!

So why did we not stay an extra day or so? Well the lovely BNK has her last final today and is in fact writing it as we speak. So although the boys wanted me to send her home yesterday on her own and have me stay back....it would have met with strong disapproval to say the very least and be ill advised.

So that is a short sidebar and the end of the Warm Up Act ladies and gentlemen. I am back to Vegas for my bday in 34ish sleeps.

Now without further adieu...I take you back to the main event and our regular programming.

Gaggles out!

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  4. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so quick update looks like 12 quads and a straight flush last night...played at X-Bar at Flamingo, The Book at Ballys and Sullys at ballys. Strayed drinking heavily at 3PM and was guttered by 9pm...briefly remember a stop at a craps table and lost...down a few Hundy but all good...oh and got my scooter it is fast!!!!

5. M@tty Ice

M@tty Ice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see the "drunk posting" intervention we had after the December trip really hit home, sir Beeejay.:nono:

6. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is more quads than BNK and I had on our entire two day trip. Well done.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  7. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sorted Regal Beagle Eagle has landed!!!!

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let the quads, craps, completes, cleavage and royals begin!

9. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential Limo no show!!!! Weak, still waiting for baggage anyway

10. Piech

Piech Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately we have had that happen TWICE now over the past several years. Very disappointing as the one was my son's 21st birthday celebration - needless to say the trip did not start off well - I was pissed off for several days and will NOT USE THEM AGAIN.. :(

11. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo 52nd floor fountain view!!! Headed to book nnstage with first 3 days envelopes lol

Safe locked when we arrived secyirty working on 30 mins!

12. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo triple play quarter progressive if you get 3 royals is 20k+ Should be NP since gaggles 5 play hit.

uploadfromtaptalk1366671236191.jpg

13. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting for the conjoined twins to arrive, conjoined at the nipple....waiting for Jason to check in so can take dump in his room, Wynn too far

14. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have better luck than me. Blew 200 chasing progressive at Cosmo earlier. Going to diamond lounge to get drunk.

15. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down $2,500 on dollar VP can't hit shit

16. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upped to $2 and hit 4 quads in 85 hands plus other stuff...up over $1,000 for trip!!

17. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    plus a hot chicks #, tried to palm her off on jdog

18. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep IT up BJ!!

19. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where u drunk bitches at? FU Caesars. I am going to drink away my losses in comps! uploadfromtaptalk1366683652993.jpg

Need to get an additional comp value of 300 bucks before I leave wens.

20. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get it biyaçcccch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.