1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM/MB pool questions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by tmaas21, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright --- I'm not an Mlife card holder of any status. Only time I really gamble in an Mlife property is when playing poker at the B, Mirage, or MGM. Nothing really in the way of comps....all my gambling goes to places that comp me better for my level of play.

My question is: My two-week long May trip is quickly approaching. This year I have the urge to hang out at a quality pool, specifically one with a lazy river. MGM and MB both meet this criteria. But -- I won't be staying there. Can I buy my in to either of these pools?? I'm willing to pay, etc... Just can't find a definitive answer on the internet if you can "buy a day" at the pool.

Also --- any lazy rivers that I'm missing in Vegas??

Thanks!

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My group this past weekend did cabana rental for a couple days at MGM. Now we were guests there, however, you don't have to be to do a rental.

Not sure if you can call ahead of time and make a reservation when you're not a guest. I'd call them to find out that part. If you cannot reserve, you'll have to show up to rent when the rentals office opens (10am). On Saturday there was a line of ppl 40 deep trying to rent cabanas...

3. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM

If you want a lazy river, MGM and MB are basically your only options. I've stayed at the MGM many times (another trip coming up in just over two weeks) and I can tell you the MGM is a great option.

Mandalay Bay is full of kids. For me personally, I'd avoid.

As for buying your way in - I have no clue on that one. I've never seen it done before.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not at MGM, they require a key and they check it to make sure it's valid. however, if you can get your hands on a Skyloft or Mansion key you can use it to gain entry forever.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only other lazy river in Vegas is Monte Carlo.

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fyi the Mandalay bay and Monte Carlo lazy rivers are very small/short compared to MGM. MGM is the only lazy river where you can really just kick back and take a long float around a decent sized area. I'd bet Mandalay bay is less than half that and Monte Carlo is even shorter. Also of note is that as someone else noted, the MB one is full of kids and doesn't have the nice adult scenery that the MGM one does.

That being said I'm not sure you can buy your way into the pool other than renting a cabana. You might check to see if maybe you can get some cheap room deal. A great deal on a room for one day might be cheaper than most places charge to use the pool.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you actually just kick back and take a long float around?

I've only been to the one at Monte Carlo and their lazy river is just so packed with people just standing around or walking around that you can't really just sit there and float because every 30-45 seconds you'd be bumping in to people or getting stuck up on people or coming to a big group of people you can't get around...

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is actually a very good question and probably should be clarified. It's been a few years since I stayed at MGM but I'm guessing it hasn't changed much. Most of the MGM lazy river is about twice as wide as Mandalay. There are defenitly those standing around in the river but for the most part they stay on the sides so they aren't as much of a road block but you might want to do at least a minor bit of steering to not float into them (if you are so inclined to care). You will find that you will go faster than some and slower than others. Often those who aren't floating and are just walking their way around will get in the way since they are usually slower. But all of this is going to be less of a problem than in the smaller lazy rivers and will also depend on how busy of a day you go. We used to always find ourself in Vegas on Holidays like Memorial, the 4th, and Labor day and I've always found it still managable.

That being said, on the particular day I was at Mandalay bay I found its river to be Lazier than the MGM one save for the kids here and there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.