1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor Pyramid Rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bsbaz, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone stayed in a Pyramid room at the Luxor anytime recently? The last time I stayed at the Lux, I was in the tower (2-3 years ago). Prior to that, I had stayed in a pyramid room and it was pretty run down. Does anyone know if they have remodeled the pyramid rooms in the last 3-5 years?

We are staying there for Memorial Day weekend (i.e. #MAYGAS) and was wondering if I should consider switching to a tower room instead...

Thanks!

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could always book a Pyramid room and try to $20 your way to a Tower.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have not been remodeled as far as I know. It says they have flat screen TVs, but I think that's about all that has happened.

But the Tower rooms are amazing. It's worth the extra money in my opinion. No awkward slanted window, they were very clean, there's a big bathtub and separate shower and it's nice to be away from the smoke. I was really surprised, I usually stay at much nicer places, but I was completely happy with my tower room at Luxor.

I wouldn't pay a ton more, but if it's $10-20 a night or something I'd go for that. I know there are a couple promo codes out now that have a free upgrade.

Check this one
    https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=LUX&host=promo&show=rates&code=LTRIP&kbid=335345&sub=YDYFG!W!LTRIP

4. longerz

longerz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stayed there last year in pyramid delux it was fantastic

5. andog

andog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we did Luxor for the first time in 6 or 7 years, late last year... room was still shabby (and we had a 'posh' one apparently!), but I still think its cool to stay in a pyramid!

if you've stayed there before, I'd expect you to have a similar experience to the one you had before :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  6. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in Luxor, the first time in the Pyramid and used the $20 to get into a Jacuzzi Suite...I loved it. The second time in the tower and the room, while good, wasn't as nice as the jacuzzi suite. Also be careful of the slanted windows. Bonked my head good on that.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i found them gross ,so gross after going back to the front desk to complain about stains on the walls they upgraded me to the new tower rooms .

they need to remodeld

8. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heather - funny that you mentioned it's nice being from smoke in the tower rooms. When we were there, we got a horribly smoky room on a non-smoking floor to boot!

Maybe I will have to try to $20 trick and see what that gets me...sounds like people before me have had at least some luck.

9. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite part of my Luxor Tower Room was the tin decoration on the walls. Looks like something they got down at Party City.

10. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed Luxor Pyramid room 12/2012. Booked via Priceline. Asked at Check-In for a Pyramid - room. Got it :). Nice Room with view to Strip and Airport.

11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What were your prior accommodations, that you had to "ask" for a pyramid room? The three-legged chaise lounge out back by the dumpster?

12. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pyramid rooms at the Luxor are getting renewed as we speak :) I was there a couple weeks ago and my parents had one that was refreshed and it was a huge difference.

13. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did they change or update?

14. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slotchick - That's awesome, hopefully I'll have something good to report in my trip report!

15. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The room my parents were in had new carpets, wall coverings, countertops and bed :) It looked much nicer than the old tired room they had before.

16. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They still have the tin decorations on the wall with the Egyptian theme?

17. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be honest I never really paid attention to the wall coverings LOL To me so long as the room looks clean and is comfortable it's ok. The room looked so much cleaner than they looked before it was a huge difference.

18. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slotchick, interesting.

Did your parents snap any pics?? Would love to see what the refreshed rooms look like as I had not heard they were even doing this.

19. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No we didn't take any pictures, actually never even think to take pictures in Vegas anymore as we are there 5-6 times a year. This past trip I had all my friends upgraded to the tower and my host said that it really wasn't going to be much of an upgrade as this was going on; I have only stayed in the pyramid twice in the 6 yrs I've been staying at the Luxor and my parents room rocked compared to what the spa suite looked like last year.

20. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully they are upgrading them all. I went a few years ago for a super bowl trip and I had a comp for a Tower room. Some of my friends were in a pyramid room and it was a dump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.