1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crossing streets, shuttles and cabs

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by AbbyP, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbbyP

AbbyP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the Rio. While there, my do-not-miss places are the Bellagio and the Wynn.

Is shuttle service a good option? Am I better off cabbing it?

I do realize that if I take the Rio shuttle, I could probably walk to these places from the strip but I am older and alone - and honestly, very nervous about crossing The Strip on foot. I'm even quite wary from what I have read about crossing from the Rio to the Gold Goast.

I'd like to see the lights and The Strip at night. I am planning on taking the bus tour, but I do have these two specific hotels I's like to spend some time at.

Is the shuttle and walking alone suitable for a slower, older woman at night or am I just safer taking a cab? Are cabs going to mind these short drives and be jerks to me?

Even for frugal old me, safety is more important than money.

I'm not wide open to the bus idea because i am in a small town, and if I were in a big city I don't even know how to take a bus - let alone in a big city like Vegas.

I really wish I had found this forum before booking my trip - I never would have stayed off-strip art the Rio.

What can I expect cab fair from the Rio to the Wynn adn the Rio to the Bellagio to be? Can they "long haul" me?

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take a cab!The shuttles are a pain to deal with.
    The cab ride from Rio to Bellagio should not be more tha $5-$6 tops.To the Wynn add another $3.
    Rio to Wynn is probably average length of a cab ride in Las Vegas.
    When I stayed at the Rio all the time I would frequently cab to Caesars,Bellagio,Mirage.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Abby, just be aware that even if the cab is low like $5.00-$6.00, the driver will expect a relatively high tip, so figure on spending $10.00. Just a thought..you say your husband can't go..do you have a son/daughter or adult grandchild that could make the trip with you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.