1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Charges for CET Vegas Diamond Lounges?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by npro1464, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npro1464

npro1464 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

We just made Diamond with Diamond in a Day at Harrahs Atlantic City. Much to our disappointment, we found out they charge to use the Diamond Lounges in AC- 1000 reward credits for the cardholder, 1000 rcs for the first guest and 2500 rcs for the 2nd guest. So for the equivalent of $45 (4500 rcs) you and two guests can go to the Diamond Lounge in AC. Of course if we made 25,000 tier credits, these charges would get waived (currently we're at 11,500).

Are there any such stupid charges for Vegas properties? How lenient with the amount of guests you take are they? Also, what's the LV diamond lounges like? Do they have food? Appetizers? Hard-alcohol? Which ones are the best/worst?

Also, is there any special check in for Diamond card holders, besides the express check in line? Thanks!!

Thanks!!

2. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a place you can eat in AC for less than $45 for 3 people. Vegas doesn't charge, but they also don't have the amentities that the AC Diamond Lounges do. Food at LV Diamond Lounges is only during certain hours (which are usually packed hours for the DL, so be prepared to wait to enter), the hours of LV DL are shorter than their AC counterparts. Usuallly 4-9pm. LV DL's restrict you to the Diamond cardholder and one guest. I'm Seven Stars and they still won't allow more than one guest in LV. Meanwhile I've taken 6 guests into Seven Stars lounges in AC.

Yes, all CET properties have special hotel check-in lines for Diamond guests.

3. david44143

david44143 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to Vegas this week and staying at Paris. This is my first trip to Vegas as a diamond member. Has anybody been to the Diamond Lounge at Paris? What can I expect? Any suggestions for other Vegas Diamond Lounges?

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    free booze and finger foods during i belive 4 to 6 pm and free internet

5. mistger

mistger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bartenders in the Paris Diamond Lounge are the best. Sal makes some awesome drinks and is great for conversation. The food is just okay, usually just chicken fingers, bread, chips, and a dessert. It's nice though for a place to relax and have a free drink without having to gamble.

6. Blueberries

Blueberries Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in 3 diamond lounges, HARRAH'S, CAESARS AND RIO'S.
    Only one guest was allowed. No charges of any sort.
    Buffet style finger foods, snacks only. Very quick with the drinks.
    Good drinks, not stingy.
    All three had cocktail waitresses
    HARRAHS had a bar and tables, restaurant style.
    I ordered a MudSlide it was HUGE with whipped cream. Yummy!
    CAESARS was more of a bar and lounge setting and they made an awesome blended Margarita. My favorite!
    RIO lounge elevator is in the high limit slot room and it is lounge only, no bar, but serve drinks via the waitress. Very nice!
    All three always had available drinks, alcohol that I ordered. Didn't notice anyone disappointed or complaining.
    All three lounges were fun for socializing and getting away.
    Happy people in those lounges :beer: which always makes for a good time.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

npro if you're a regular to AC you should use your diamond card to get a black card at Borgata. They match it. Their lounge is really nice. I still haven't been to any diamond lounge but everyone tells me they're not even comparable to the borgata's. It has a lot of real food, not just snacks but a high quality buffet where you have a real meal. It also costs $10 comp dollars with your black card but its well worth it

Getting the Black card on its own takes a lot more play than getting Diamond so its a great offer.

8. Countessa

Countessa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond Lounge crawl

Last year it was raining so it killed our pool plans which created a diamond lounge crawl. We were staying at Cosmo so we first walked across the street to Planet Hollywood and had the best time. It was pretty quiet for a Friday or maybe Saturday... and we arrived around lunchtime but the staff was great. There were 4 of us ladies & I'm the only 1 with a Diamond card - now Seven Stars :p - so I batted my eyelashes and asked if we could get an exception to let us all in. Sure! Sweet We stayed for a few hours and got to try all kinds of new drinks the servers were bringing to us and got the place kinda rowdy a few times. One of the servers was a built younger Latin guy. I can't remember his name but nice eye candy & a flirt of course! We left there and headed to Paris where I again used my special powers and got all 4 of us in. We continued the party and had a blast! We made friends with one of the servers- who was taking shots with us & flirting & just enjoying his job. We returned the next day just because we had such a great time & again enjoyed every minute. I've been to Caesars & Harrahs DL's but I didn't have amazing service like at Paris & PH-not that it was bad, just not memorable. I would rank Paris #1, PH #2, Caesars #3 & Harrahs #4. Flamingo #5. Never been to Rio so I can't rank it. Sorry if this turned into a mini trip report!

Side notes: I wish they would stay open later & serve a bigger variety of food.

Side question: Is there a listing of the alcohol they serve at the DL's in Vegas?

9. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DL hours are 4 - 9, except Fri and Sat it's noon - 9.

They serve peanuts, chips, etc all the time and the warm appies come out at 4 or 4:30 and it seems they replenish them for about an hour.

Rio is pleasant. It's on the 2nd floor in the high limit area. I had to ask to find it. If you're lucky, you can get a chair overlooking the pool.

I enjoy sitting back in the lounge where it's relatively quiet and turning off the gambling mode for a bit.

10. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you have all the answers to your questions. One thing though. WiFi was touch and go in Paris DL as it uses the same one as the cafe next door so if the signal isn't good it can be erratic from their computers and your own device. Flamingo WiFi is instant and much better. You can access the Paris one from outside the cafe and the lounge once you have logged in once. Stay there a while though as you think a text has been sent and if you walk away too soon it won't go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.