1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hash house on man vs food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Max2589, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see lots of people on here talking about this hash as a go go. I always wrote it off like is was some Denny's or Waffle House. However, I just saw it on man vs food and it looked awesome. Is this place actually worth going?

I love breakfast but find myself at places like Tableau and Buchon.
    Diner food is usually not on my vegas radar but think I'm gonna put this hash house on my list

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES... it's worth going to... good food & huge portions!!! I've only been the original one out on W. Sahara. Now... cue the endless folks who weigh-in with "meh" and/or it's "over-rated."

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found many restaurant locations in which these shows are filmed to be very over rated. We have a place here in Brooklyn called Brennan and Carr which has this "double dip" sandwich which made it to man vs food also, and it sucks. Always bland and cold.

Hence, my continued hesitation...

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I ate at the IP (not yet Quad:evillaugh) Hash House a Go Go in February and neither of us enjoyed our meal all that much. Yes, the quantity was large. But the quality was poor. My husband LOVES breakfast and we really didn't have very many good breakfasts (most were quick because we were there for work and were at the convention center by 7:45 most days....) Best breakfast we had was at Jamms, way off Strip, on a day we were running errands and hitting the outlet mall.

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions:peace:

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really like the breakfast offerings. Hubby tried banana french toast with eggs...he couldn't finish it but said it was very good. I got the blueberry, pecan pancake...again....very good...fresh blueberries, pancake mix had a hint of vanilla and it was loaded with pecans. Beware.... 1 pancake is the size of a large pizza...I ate almost half of it and had to give up. Our food was tasty and the presentations are unique. We want to go back to try the chicken & waffles but next time, we will share a plate... lol

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been once and enjoyed it.

7. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to hhagg at imperial palace/quad and M Resort. I think the one at the quad is pretty busy all the time, so for a less crazy experience + outdoor seating, I think the m resort location is the way to go.

Also, they had some slightly smaller portion menu items when I was there 2 weeks ago.

8. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the one in the Plaza downtown last year to see what the hype was all about. This location wasn't too busy for breakfast around 10am... we walked right in. Food was good. Portions were huge. A little on the heavy side... but fried chicken for breakfast isn't for someone with a weak stomach. I wasn't a big fan of the mashed potato hash (or whatever it was that they served as a side) and I swear the biscuit weighed over a pound.

Its definately worth a trip to try it out. Its not the cheapest breakfast but its inexpensive for the portion they give you..... plus you will probably wanna skip lunch after eating that much.

9. marillo

marillo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried Hash House @ IP last year and @ Plaza this year.

The portions are REALLY HUGE and we never could eat everything.

The better location (in my opinion) is @ Plaza, because it is a nicer
    place, open and with more light, inside IP it was too dark ...

B.t.w. you can get a BOGO Dinner Entree when signing here :

http://www.lvrelocationguide.org/coupons/

10. colpuck

colpuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to the IP location three times, had the hash, chicken and waffles, and the chicken Benedict.

I loved it all three times, would go back.

11. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at HHAGG at the M for breakfast and for dinner once each. I got the MVF meal, I didnt even know there was chicken in it until I put it in the to go box! I ate maybe 1/10 of the meal and munched on it throughout the day.. I thought it was excellent. After talking about it to my hubby and a few others they wanted to go, so we went for dinner.. we all took pics of our plates, as they were HUGE. SO good tho! and the drinks were fun too!! GO!!!

12. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  13. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been, but I usually always hear that the one at the Quad is the worst one to go to and that the original is by far the best one if you're really interested in trying it.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in. Went to the one on Sahara because out of town friends saw Rachael Ray do a segment there.

Big portions, but way overrated. But at least you knew it was coming smartone.:poke:

15. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved my first trip to HHAGG, went to the one at IP in January.

Ordered the corned beef hash skillet. Very unique and quite tasty. Portion was big, but doable. As mentioned, you may wanna skip a meal after eating there......you'll be stuffed.

Can't wait to go back!

16. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It definitely is no Tablaeu, but it not quite a Denny's. The food is good. Will it be getting the James Beard Award anytime soon? Probably not, but it is definitely worth trying to make up your own mind about whether or not it is to your liking.

I have had the Chicken & Biscuits (great); Chicken Pot Pie (also great): Big O'Crispy Pork Tenderloin Sandwich (ehhh - hammered very thin and big but fried up to within an inch of its life) and the Milford Fried Chicken Sandwich (I enjoyed it). And the sides are big enough to choke a whale. Let's not forget the two complimentary humongous biscuits they bring to the table to start you off. I have not been able to finish a meal there yet.

I have not been to the original location on Sahara, but I have been to the one at The Quad and at The M Resort. The M location is my favorite. The restaurant is well run with a friendly staff, clean and the large floor to ceiling windows overlook the beautiful pool area and surrounding desert. The Quad location was horrible - it seemed absolutely filty in comparison, service was lackluster and the whole interior was dark and dingy with no windows or natural light at all.

17. Deltalee59

Deltalee59 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hash House

We went to this place this past month because of Man vs Food. Was a lot of noise and waited to long for service and foos wasn't that good.

18. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to the ones in vegas but they recently opened a HH at mohegan sun here in CT. it in no way in the same league as Tableau.. the food at hh is not horrible, but very bland to me. they draw a lot of people in with the crazy large portions, but it's not exactly cheap like dennys either so you are paying for what you get. reminds me a lot of cheesecake factory.

19. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the BLT bloody mary that I had at I/P.:nworthy::nworthy::nworthy:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.