1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont Summer Concert Series 2013

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by tatterdema, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is anyone going? I am not thrilled, as I have never heard of any of the bands, except Everclear, and thats only because they are semi-local. Supposedly they still have a few to announce, but if these are the big one, I am not holding my breath. I miss the 80's bands, but I guess they cant repeat them over and over every summer, and at least there is some variety as to types of music.

May 19 (Sunday) – Theory of a Deadman

May 25 (Saturday) – Fuel and Lit

June 8 (Saturday) – Hinder

June 29 (Saturday) – Summerland Tour 2013 Alternative Guitars starring Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge

Aug. 31 (Saturday) – Puddle of Mudd

2. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know many of those bands, but the Summer Jazz Series is looking pretty good! link

3. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh dear god, Theory of a Dead Man is, without a trace of exaggeration, one of the worst bands out there.
    they sound exactly like Nickleback, but they're much worse, if that can be believed.

it seems that every Canadian musician/band that plays in Vegas is some of the worst that we've produced up here (Celine Dion, Shania Twain, and now this crap).

4. Sallymander

Sallymander Freedom 55

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago we happened to catch Loverboy playing a couple of sets on the Fremont! Amazing Canadian band!! :nworthy:

5. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Theory of a deadman is pretty horrible.

Live is great live. That show isn't a bad line up with Filter and ever clear. Richard Patrick's voice is shot but he can still belt out a few tunes.

Puddle of Mudd is the best of these bands and always puts on a hell of a show.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharin' this, I love Puddle of Mudd and now have a reason to come up with an August 31st visit.

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have information as to the theme this year? If they are having one.

8. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 90s alt rock/grunge

9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a line-up like this, can Nickleback be far away????

(Except Puddle of Muddd)

10. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to have to disagree.
    its more like early 2000s frat-boy cock-rock.

11. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm familiar with most of those bands listed, but would probably only go see Everclear.

Frankly, I tend to stay away from the headliners - preferring the great 80's cover bands FSE usually brings in from LA on the weekends.

Bill

12. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys don't know Live?!? Lightning Crashes, I Alone, All Over You, Pain Lies on the Riverside?? I'm not a huge fan or anything but you could hardly turn on a pop/rock radio station in the early 90's without hearing these guys. I'd say there music is pretty good at times and often catchy. Like many groups of the time they like to be sacreligous with can turn my off a little.

Now everclear I'd defenitly go see again. I actually just happened to catch their concert on Fremont a few years ago when they played during the Hawiian Tropic finals. They were great (as were the Hawiian Tropic girls)!

13. Dutchguy

Dutchguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Puddle of Mudd has been around since 1992 and has had some success. Even though they hail from my hometown of Kc. Mo., I'm not really a fan. They might be SCHEDULED to play, but you won't know for sure untill they actually start playing. I really didn't know that they were still a together! The lead singer, Wes Scantlin, has been bit of train wreck the past few years.

14. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh No! It's bad enough that busses and propeller driven craft hate musicians but now trains to! :cry:

15. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd guess you'd be wrong. Most of these bands were around during the mid 90s.

I've seen every band announced except for Sponge. All are pretty good live except Theory of a Deadman. Their first album was decent enough but the last few have been garbage. I'd say the best band would be Live. Even their more recent albums are pretty solid.

16. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the 1980s sets best over the past few years. ABC was the best headliner I was able to catch to date.

I'll check out Puddle of Mudd based on the several recommendations here and listening to a few of their songs on You Tube.

[YOUTUBE]J9Jn8_BwsYU[/YOUTUBE]

17. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just because these bands STARTED in the 1990s...

doesn't mean they were particularly well known until the 2000s (not sure you could even say some of them are too well known)
    I like some songs by Theory of a Dead Man, Puddle of Mudd & Everclear...defintely alt. rock, I get the grunge connection, but their music is much harder ("grunge punk" is a descriptor I have seen).
    Not sure I would want to listen to a whole concert of any of them...

18. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seleting bands that will please millions of visitors has to be one of the most difficult tasks in LV.

While none of them are my faves, I am looking forward to seeing Puddle of Mudd Labor Day weekend.

19. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm kind of surprised to see Fremont Street selecting such young skewing bands for this summer's series. I see most of these shows bringing in a lot of people under 30 including a decent percentage that are too young to gamble. They better sell a lot of beer with these shows.....as I don't think they'll make the return on investment from gambling.

20. Danny1970

Danny1970 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.