1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Summer Vegas trip, Early 30s

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by papason, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a few guys are headed to vegas this summer and we are looking for a goodtime. Looking at Mirage,MGM, Ph.. Looking to gamble , a show or two,, Mostly pool and bar/clubs..

Wanna be at a hotel with nice scenery(hot chicks), nice pool, and options at night.. about 4-5 guys, all in early 30s.. We've all done the club scene so we dont mind hitting good lounges or bars...

Staying thurs-monday

Thanks for the advice

2. saeldway

saeldway Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    32 myself. Cosmo. You'll thank me later.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with Cosmo, much better then the other properties mentioned.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo, about the only place that is top notch for everything on your list. Some places have this or that, Cosmo has it all. You will prob be splitting a room, so cost shouldnt be a factor.

5. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How's the pool and male\female ratio at Cosmo?

6. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How's Paris?

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will find more females of age 20-30 then in any other hotel. You can find them in the pool area, restaurants, bars clubs etc.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you can find a smoking hot deal, I would avoid Paris. Never have liked the pool.

9. Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go with Cosmo as well. A much younger crowd there and the clubs are great.

10. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can pull a good deal on Hotwire for Cosmo, but what about MGM - between having good cheap food court eats for post boozing, having a Fat Tuesday in hotel, Wet Republic and being right down the street from Hard Rock for Rehab Sunday. You are just a short ways a way to Marquee if need be.

Is it worth it to pay extra for Cosmo? Is the pool (not the dayclub) lively? Other than Secret Pizza it isn't stocked full of quick drunk eats. I love Cosmo but I am debating between the two also.

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like u said secret pizza place and also holstein is good for quick eats(burger,shakes, wings etc). But u just have to take a short 2min walk across the bridge and you are over at PH were u got Earls, a huge Walgreens, and also a fat tuesday if thats what u like.
    Other then that they have a lot of good restaurants even for quick drunk eats but they will be more expensive but is great for people watching and just hanging out.

The cosmo has 3 pool areas
    1.Blvd Pool is the biggest and the main pool area of the hotel and it has some great views over the vegas strip is always very lively with a young crowd.
    2.bamboo pool for people who like a quieter experience
    3.marquee party pool

Also if you want to hit up a dayclub on sunday the EBC is much nicer and better then Rehab.

12. papason

papason Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Talked to the reservation rep , 150 a night for incidentals? Wow with no opt out.. Kinda expensive .. Guess I could use my CC.. Just in case, How's Planet Hollywood? Can I use Cosmos pool if I stay there?

13. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 40, and have stayed at Paris in 2010 & 2011. There can be a lot of talent there at times, but the crowd is usually 30 and older. The pool is small, but they have bottle service if you get a cabana. Since you are splitting the costs, it shouldn't be too bad if you go that route. I like Napoleons and Gordon Ramsey Steak. PH is young & hip, and next door from Paris. With those things considered, I'd vote for Cosmo as well.

If you don't go w/ Cosmo, Paris is a good spot, but you should look at Mirage or Mandalay Bay as well.

14. dean619

dean619 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I just got back (we're both 32) and we stayed at the MGM Signature. They have an awesome lazy river and the grand pool and it's only an $8 cab ride to Cosmo. Marquee is the best bet for clubbing. They have 3 floors, the boombox which plays hip hop, the floor above which plays other music and the top known as the library, which has pool tables and a lounge area.

15. Oskee2001

Oskee2001 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously, just do Cosmo.

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 150/nt is just a hold, not a charge.

I like PH a lot--but I LOVE Cosmo. If you really aren't going to be in the room (guessing you won't), PH or MGM are fine. PH pool is "meh" but MGM is very nice.

Signature is nice...but it's location is not great; pain to cab it everywhere...

It SEEMS you can use Cosmo pool (checked on lasvegeasadvisor.com), but I would call to be sure.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.