1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Night Before...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by SwingLifeAwayJB, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingLifeAwayJB

SwingLifeAwayJB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm just sitting here at 1 AM and going through my head over everything that I packed (even though I have a list.) How does one get sleep before the day before going to Vegas? It feels just like Christmas Eve as a child to me.

I have to be up in less than 4 hours, but the good news is tomorrow I'll be in Vegas. Hopefully I'll have enough energy to stay awake tomorrow.

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually have the same problem..... I can never get any more than 2 hours sleep on the night before my flight. I've either too amped that I'm going to vegas or worried that I'm gonna sleep in and miss my flight.
    Then the drinking begins the minute we get to the airport, continues on the flight and all day/night in vegas. I usually end up staying awake 30+ hours that first day.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drugs !

Just kidding. Although I do usually try an Advil P.M., but it doesn't seem to help much. I'm the same way. Have a great trip!!!

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be going through something similar on Friday. I work graveyard shift and get off work Friday morning at 6:30am. My wife doesn't get off work until 2:30pm. We have a few hour drive to drop our daughter off at my mom's and get to the airport, flight leaves at 9:15pm and we land in Vegas at 11:22pm.
    Going to be a LONG day!!

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the usual amount of sleep before a trip, which almost always involves leaving for the airport before 6 am. That's now; I'm sure I didn't get much if any sleep when I first started going to Vegas. I suspect the amount of sleep is directly proportional to the number of trips.

6. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    29 trips....

29 trips....and the same thing always happens to me. I'm always way too amped to sleep.

And it's going to happen again -- TOMORROW!! So excited....

7. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hardly sleep the night before I fly, but I try and sleep a little on the plane. I arrive around 3pm, so try and stay up until reasonably late on the first night.

All being well, that works and I'm on Vegas time straightaway :thumbsup:

8. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I created a generic Travel List with check boxes that I print out before each trip. I go down the list and check off all the items once completed.
    Then I set my alarm and get a good nights sleep. No tossing and turning wondering if I forgot to pack something, get cash or gas or pay a bill etc.

9. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only last year's trip, I easily slept because I worked the day before the flight. Previous trips, it was hard to sleep.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Living in LA makes travelling a little easier. I always leave at 8 am-8:30 am on a Sunday, so driving gives me a couple of hours sleep the night before. However, the last couple of years i've been talking the Lux Bus from the LAX Hilton, but i have to be at the Hotel about 7 am to connect to Orange County. So i just stay up until i check in to Las Vegas then take a nap for a couple of hours.

11. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also in the camp of the lack of sleep is proportional to the number of trips. The more I go the easier I sleep the night before. First few trips I would be up all night with excitement.

12. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This ^^^^^^

Years ago I used to get excited with anticipation, now it is just another day. Leaving tomorrow and still not thinking much about it other than I have to pack tonight...........................

13. Vegasing

Vegasing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally, I can't sleep very well the night before, especially if it's an early morning flight.

This trip shouldn't be a problem since we're getting married the day before we leave, so this should be the first time I'll have no problem sleeping like a rock. :thumbsup:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.