1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wonderful customer service at Caesars Palace

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ref59405, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ref59405

ref59405 The world champion of getting 3 and a kicker.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am working on a complete trip report, but while it was fresh in my mind I wanted to let you know about the fantastic service we received at Caesars Palace last week.

My wife and I had three nights comped at the Quad, Sunday, 4/6, Monday 4/7 and Tuesday, 4/8. Then we moved to Caesars Palace where our last 2 nights were comped.

Since we were going to just walk across the street to Caesars, and I had the luggage, I did not want to wait until the strip got too crowded, so we checked out of the Quad around 10am.

But since check in at Caesars was not until 4pm, I figured we would stash our bags with the Bellman for a few hours until we could get into our room. But the check in lines did not seem too bad, so I suggested to my wife that we try and check in, and even if we couldn’t have the room right now, maybe they would check us in and all we would have to do later was pick up the key.

When it was our turn, I told the lady at the counter that we had just checked out of the Quad and now we were homeless. I asked if there was any chance that a room was available? She said she would check, and after a minute she said that she found us a room, because, after all, she didn’t want us to be homeless.

We had booked a two night complimentary stay in a Forum Tower room, but when she gave us the room key it said Palace Tower. Now, all I knew about Caesars Palace was that the Forum Tower was better than the Roman tower, so I had my mind set on the Forum Tower. I told the nice lady that I was looking forward to a room in the Forum Tower. She laughed and said that she upgraded us to the Palace Tower, but if we really wanted the Forum Tower, she would make the change.

I wised up real quick and said no thank you; the Palace Tower would be fine.
    She told us that we had a very nice room overlooking the pool, and them she added, “We are waiving the early check in fee.”

My wife and I thanked her repeatedly and went up to the nicest room we ever had in Las Vegas.

I have sent an email to Caesars letting them know about our fantastic experience, but I wanted to share it here as well. I realize this may never happen again, but this one positive experience has made me a fan of Caesars Palace and I appreciate the extra steps that were taken to make sure my wife and I had an enjoyable stay.

By the way, if you are going to stay at the Quad and Caesars Palace during the same trip, do the Quad first. If we would have gotten that awesome room at Caesars Palace and then had to drag the luggage across the street to the Quad, that would have been very disappointing.

Boy's trip
    Annual birthday trip
  2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cool story.

Customer service is alive and well!!

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am comped at Caesars in the Forum Tower. My understanding is the Palace Tower rooms are about the same as Forum except for views. Does anyone know if Forum rooms have views? When i say views i mean either a partial strip view or pool views. Does the Forum Tower even have pool views?
    Hope you had a wonderful time........staying at Rio in a couple of weeks but Caesars in August with a pool view is my #1 priority.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story.

By the way, we often check in early. That 4pm stuff is like an old wives tale.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No the Palace Tower rooms are nothing like the Forum Tower. Palace is a premium tower and is like AT and OT. As for views, the Palace Tower would block the Forum's view of the pool.

6. jmn3

jmn3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great story! We hear so many complaints and bad customer service experiences, that it is nice to read the opposite still occurs.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point and I believe the opposite happens a lot, we often find ourselves quick to call out the negative.

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although we did the $20 sandwich we were also very pleased with an upgrade from Forum to Augustus tower when we stayed in November and we LOVED it.

OMG, going from Quad to Caesars, that's gotta be some culture shock right there! I can't imagine a situation that would find me in both of those in the same trip. Not that I've ever stayed at any of them but Harrahs, Quad, and Rio are probably below the fold when it comes to CET properties I'd stay at. I might be trying Bally's on my next trip and I'm a little nervous even about that.

9. ref59405

ref59405 The world champion of getting 3 and a kicker.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct, going from the Quad to Caesars was one heck of an upgrade! that was a very busy and expensive time to be in Vegas. I knew about the NCAA Championship game Monday night, but I did not know that the broadcasting convention was so big and played such a large role in the price of hotels. (at least I think that conference is to blame). The Quad was the only place we could get comped for those first three nights, and all other properties were very expensive. By the time we got to Wed and Thur night, all properties, including Caesars, were comped.

Our next trip in in June and we are staying at Ballys. We have always enjoyed Ballys, especially the North Tower rooms, but if another comp offer from Caesars pops up, I will take it.

Boy's trip
    Annual birthday trip
  10. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't it strange how you can get a full comp and one tier level that maybe you don't really want to stay at but then the rate jumps by a huge amount when you move to only a slightly better hotel? I've noticed this on many occasions when looking at my rates on the TR website. There are days where I'll have nearly every day available as a comp on the properties I'd rather not stay at but to move up one level of hotel the rate jumps to $150+ per night.

11. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I'll be at NOBU at Caesars in a couple weeks, looking forward to that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.