1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you cancel and rebook on SW?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by merlin, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently booked a trip to vegas using pts, how do you actually rebook to take advantage of new lower rates? I dont have enough pts to book a new flight and then cancel the first one, so if I cancel the first one first, how long does it take for the pts to go back into my account?

Also, what happens to the $10 security fee that I paid, does that get refunded as well?

2. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't need to cancel on the website go to change flight put in you confirmation number and name select the new flight and accept the change it will use the points from the previousbooking to pay the new cost and your done.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Equalizer is correct, but I just want to throw in my two cents since I rebook a lot when fares change.

Keep track of your credits. SWA doesn't make it real easy to find your credits from previous price drops and they are only good for travel, one year from the original booking date, not the travel date.:poke:

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, so I put in to change flights, but then select the same flights I had before?

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You go to the SWA website and type in your confirmation # and you can follow the prompts. You can cancel your flight and then rebook but when you cancel you lose your Confirmation number and then your Early Bird Check In fees. When you change your flight you keep your same confirmation number and get the credit.

Jimbo338

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they will appear with the new lower price, ans showing a credit.

Jimbo338

7. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep a record of your confirmation number and the credit amount, along with the date you made the original reservation. The credit can be used only by you for a future flight, and I think it's only good for 6 months (might be a year, if anyone else knows for sure).

The security fees are just rolled into your updated reservation. Do not cancel and then start over. Those prices could easily jump while you are doing so, and you might have to rebook at a HIGHER rate than before. I've seen it happen.

8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help everyone, I did it and saved 1600 pts, hopefully i can do it again before my trip! :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.