1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going to a Show Alone?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Matty Ice, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas one week from today! I'm going with a buddy, but most of his time will be spent at the car wash show convention. I've been playing MyVegas almost non-stop for the last 3 months and so far I have Bellagio lunch buffet passes, $75 Sporting House Certificate and a $50 Nine Fine Irishmen certificate. I'm thinking about going to a show and I have 2 questions; 1) Would you go to a Vegas show by yourself? and 2) Which show would you choose? By the time I go I should have enough loyality points for KA, Terry Fator, Zarkana or Zumanity. I saw LOVE last year with the wife and really enjoyed that. Thanks!

Matt

2. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck yeah, I'd go to a show by myself!

Ka is my favorite show in town, so I have to recommend that one. I'm interested in Zarkana, but I think I'll wait a little longer until they work out the kinks. I haven't seen Zumanity, but the sexual slant might make me feel like a creep going alone. Terry Fator's not my thing, so I don't think I'd see him alone or otherwise.

You'll be glad you saw a show! Don't miss the opportunity.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to solo shows every day im in vegas, lots of solo travelers in vegas its no big deal

Can't recommend any show from your list im anti cirque du soleil :)

4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you feel you may be self-conscious sitting in the theater, bring a smartphone to play with until showtime. Saves you from watching others who may be watching you. Once the lights go down, it's all the same. Kinda like bringing a newspaper to a restaurant. I eat out a lot while traveling for work and it's excruciating sitting at a table without a newspaper, phone or tv to watch. But if you occupy the time, it goes by fast.

5. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What show could be better than the "Car Wash Show"? Anything else would be a letdown wouldn't it?

I've been on LV forums for several years now and this is the first time I have heard it mentioned other than by myself. I'm there every year as well. Do you frequent autocareforum dot com?

There are so many solo and business travelers in LV, I would think a solo at a show is nothing unusual at all. I wouldn't have a second thought about it.

6. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Certainly would see a show solo. I personally don't care what people think, if they have a problem it's their problem...not mine.

My preference would be something musical like Elton, Shania, the Eagles, and the like.

Good luck Matty

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's wrong with going to a show solo? You're there to watch the show, not socialize. If there's a show you want to see and don't have anyone to go with, go alone. Simple.

8. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo to Show No big Deal

It's no big deal seeing a show alone. I've been to X-Burlesque, David Copperfield, and Jubilee alone. No one seems to notice me or care that I'm there alone.

9. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to plenty of shows solo. One good benefit is that single seats are easy to book and generally result in better seating. I've gone thru the hotel's concierge and have had up-front, center seats for Ka, O, Elvis, etc...

10. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone to shows solo for years in LV, go and enjoy! How many times have you been to a show and NOTICED someone was there solo? Not.

Read the reviews for the Cirque shows on tripadvisor.com or somewhere similar and decide.... I used MyVegas to see zumanity a few weeks ago (my third time seeing it) and it was really great, although not for the faint of heart.

You get great seats using MyVegas (decide and book early!) and especially since you are solo, single seats are easy to get.

I think alot of folks missed the point that you are using a MyVegas reward and they are recommending other shows that do not have a MyVegas option. Choose what you like, book as early as you can, and enjoy!
    diane

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most experiences are better shared and a good show with a friend or loved one is great but most of the shows that I have seen in LV, I have seen solo. I attend a trade show alone usually and like theater. There are many others there solo as well and often you can have a great conversation with people near you while waiting for the show to begin though I always like something to read. I a have often got great seats because they had these single seats here and there. So don't feel self- conscious at all. Enjoy the show.

Jimbo338

12. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo

Yeah im always solo too( despite the 2and 3 time when my brother joined me)
    I saw most of the shows
    Love was good but i even loved jersey boys more
    So many shows to enjoy in vegas ( last time i saw shania and she was awesome)

13. James2for1

James2for1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think going to a show alone is much of an issue - so many people pass through that you probably won't be noticed. Besides, why care what they think? A good idea might be that you can go to a show alone and see if you can strike up a conversation with another loner at the show. If you can avoid coming off as an organ thief, you might make a friend to explore with?

14. slamminchic_25

slamminchic_25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how long will you be there for?
    i may be going to a show alone too :(

15. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off. "Car Wash Show"? Vegas has EVERY kind of convention!!!!

Seeing a show solo is no big deal at all.

Of your list, its easily KA, IMO.

16. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alone going to a show is ok no biggie
    I definately will go to a show or two and my friend may also join me
    U always meet a lot of people in vegas and otherwise u have this forum maybe you can join some peeps
    I think i will go to anthony cools that is always fun or vinnie
    My friend even organised to go to a comedyshow but i dont know if thats good and its at the riviera ( i dont like it so much downtown)

17. Stsc

Stsc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went and saw Celine solo. Like many here have said, its no big deal and the people around you are generally very nice. I got tix the day of the show and great seats 2nd row center on a saturday night. Unless your a High Roller, I dont think youd get that needing 2 or more seats.

18. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of going to celine too(saw her once by surprise here in amsterdam 15 years ago) but i found the price to steep
    Btw yer lucky than it was on offer on tix4tnight as i never saw celine on that screen

19. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't done a solo show (because my wife has happened to be with me on my Vegas trips) but I definitely would do it. I've seen plenty of shows in Vegas and I've never noticed if someone was alone or not. And I would see KA.

20. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen several shows by myself in vegas for various reasons (DH had business dinner, friends not interested, solo trip) and always enjoyed myself immensely. The only caveats are that I prefer to see comedies with someone because it's more fun to laugh about later, and I personally would have been uncomfortable at Zumanity by myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.