1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heart attack grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Lasyasha, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasyasha

Lasyasha Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this place worth the trip or is it just a lot of hype. The men want to go there just so they can tell people back home they ate there but us gals want to know..is the food any good? Any menu recommendations?

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No definately would not recomend heart attack grill. The food was mediocre at best. Personally i thought burgers did not taste that good (it actually had a bad greasy taste... like they never clean their griddle bad kinda taste)... I think they just use a really cheap quality meat as well. We did it on our bachelor party trip last year, prettymuch to see what the hype was about and it did not stand up to the reviews. Service wasn't that good even though the place wasn't even half full and everyone felt like crap after we ate there too. Tell the guys to go to in n out burger and get a couple double doubles and they will be far better off.

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been debating the same for the summer, but had been leaning towards skipping it for somewhere else and think I will now after gpenguin's post.

I am definitely trying In 'n' Out though, people keep telling me that they cannot believe I have never tried it in 6 trips...

It has gotten to the stage where I feel like I am missing out now :evillaugh

4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its definitely a thing to try at least once. If you don't like the burger don't go back. I thought the burger was decent and large, it has a premium roll. I had the cane sugar coke. I did not have the french frys. I heard they were good. The waitress was nice and friendly and its a fun place to try.

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In and Out has a great burger for the price. I was disappointed in the frys.:wave:

6. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have the fries "Animal-style" and thank me afterwards. :beer:

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  7. azhockeyfan

azhockeyfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found that if you eat your fries first and pretty quickly, they are the nest ones I have ever had. Let them sit even 4 minutes and they are pretty terrible.

8. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chili Cheese Fries are Awesome

Actually, I was very surprised at how good the food was. Definitely worth a visit.
    The regular fries do kinda suck but the chili cheese fries are awesome!:thumbsup:

9. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HAG does a good burger. Fries were average. The service seemed good and the atmosphere too.

It's worth at least one visit to see if it's a fit for you or not.

Bill

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to Yelp... this is a very polarizing place... it either gets 4-5 stars or 1-2 stars (much like the Hard Rock seems to get). Some love it, others hate it. I've eaten at HAG twice and thought it was fine for what it is, "an experience" with decent food. The first time I was solo and the second, a couple months ago, I took a friend who had heard about it. I go into places looking for a positive experience and am usually rewarded with one. Sometimes, even my initial positive demeanor is met with poor service and/or nasty food, but that wasn't the case here. The food was decent, the service was just fine. I'd encourage you to check it out.

11. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldnt go if ya paid me to. To me its the ultimate tourist trap. Many better and in some cases less expensive options.

12. Kc4400

Kc4400 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there last year. Thought it was good. Fun experience. We plan to go again in July.

13. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my previous post I mentioned that I was not a fan, but as others have said you need to try it an judge for yourself. Its not expensive... worst case you're out 15-20 bucks for a meal you didn't enjoy. I don't mind a greasy burger but HAG just didn't do it for me.
    Kinda the same thing with Batista's Hole in the wall. Some people love it. I didn't care for it and will probably never go back.

14. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning on eating there one night for dinner during my trip in early June. I'm not expecting fine dining. I'm going to see what it's about & to look at the waitresses.

xman30

15. Bloodsucker101

Bloodsucker101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the Heart Attack Grill last Sept. Couldn't wait to go. You get to wear a paper gown, I am in the medical field and thought this was a hoot. The waitresses are dressed like nurses, i believe the person making the food was a doctor and there were other people in operating room attire. The food was very good, loved the fries and burger we are from PA and we do love when things are cooked in lard. The milkshake was to die for, very thick more like ice cream had to eat with a spoon but so good.
    We are going to Vegas in June can't wait to go.
    Everyone must try at least once. Your on vacation try something new and have fun.

16. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was just going to be an over hyped tourist trap.So I was very surprised how good it was, and NOT expensive to boot. That was the most shocking thing really.

It's a fun experience, and the burgers were good, for a good price. The only complaint I had was they don't have a diet cola of any kind. I prefer the taste of diet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.