1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

bus question terminal 3 to fremont

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by gerry53, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hello,

I will be flying into terminal 3 and wondering what bus option there would be to get to fremont without too much hassle.

I read somewhere that if you do carryon you can get to the other terminal where the wax bus departs from.

2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to Terminal 3, but noticed there's a tram connection to it in Concourse D. That's at the bottom on the escalators and right by the other tram to the main terminal where you could catch the WAX. At least that's what I'd try. Hopefully, someone who has gone that route will comment.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard of terminal 3 but don't have a clue about where it is, though I have walked sometimes and taken a tram sometimes. In any event, I fly Southwest, and when I land i follow the signs to "BAGGAGE" and then look for the Southwest baggage carousels. From there, look for the elevators and around the corner is an esculator down to Ground Zero. Just ask if you cannot find it; it is the floor below you.

Walk out the doors and you will see a parking garage. there are bus stops before it. Keep to the right, and the last bus stop will be the bus stop for the CAT where the WAX stops. There are schedules, benches and ticket machines there. Generally the WAX comes a little after hour, but there is a time during peak in the am and pm that it comes every 30 minutes as well. I am in the library now and don't have my bus book. You can check with the RTC for times ut don't cut it too close. The bus is generally not crowded and there is plenty of room for luggage. You can buy a ticket on board. It is $2.00 one way, or $1.00 if yu have a senior reduced fare card. It stops at NYNY on tropicana, gets on I15, stops at the Bonneville Transfer Center and then at Carson and 4th where you debark at the FSE. It usually takes just about 28 minutes. The bus driver announces the Fremont Street Experience and you are near the Walgreens in case you need to pick up anything. It is really pretty simple. Walk to FSE is abut 3 minutes.

Jimbo338

4. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're arriving in Terminal 3, you need to somehow get up to or stay on the main departure level without going outside of the sterile area.

Go to the center of the course-way directly accross from the TSA checkpoint and you will see escalators going down to the tram. You can take the tram to Concourse D and then to Terminal 1.

If you leave the sterile area, then the trams are no longer an option for you.

If you are arriving into Concourse D, well then you're already half-way there!

5. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just noticed that you are from Canada. Unfortunately for you, once you leave customs you are going into an area that is not sterile - so you cannot use the trams to get to Terminal 1.

You only option is to use the inter-terminal shuttle https://www.mccarran.com/Go/Inter-TerminalShuttle.aspx to get to Terminal 1. The shuttle runs every 12-15 minutes.

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I've flown to Atlanta from Toronto, US Customs was actually in the airport in Canada! If that's still the case, the OP could get to the main terminal in Vegas fairly easily. ???

7. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. I've never flew international out of Canada so what do I know?:peace:

8. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmmm,

I figured since I am going solo for the first time I would try the wax to fremont rather than pay 30 or more for a cab but it may be more hassle from crappy terminal 3 than it`s worth.

wife and I took the wax once to the airport from fremont and we loved it.

being from canada the customs thing is usually when getting to vegas.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all seems like too much hassle to me. Walk outside and get a cab is my way. But... that is me.

10. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed,
    at the main terminal and if the bus time is close I may have given it a try but too much bs makes a taxi my choice.

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grab a shuttle downtown, about half the cab fare; Last one I took had me downtown after the first stop at Orleans.

Jimbo338

12. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey that`s a good idea!

could you tell me which shuttle you used?

did you take it from terminal 3?

13. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been using Gray Line but was thought I'd try Executive due to someone's good word in a thread here a while back. I think the only one I didn't like was Bell but I cannot remember why. The companies seem to change a lot; it must be a tough business to be in. That being said, I don't think U'll ever take another shuttle as long as they have the WAX! Nothing could be easier!

I think someone posted a diagram of the airport and the new part but I don't remember.All I know is that I am flying Southwest and will get off the plane somewhere. I just follow the signs to baggage. I not going to check in a bag next month so I will be able to go wright to Ground Zero and hop on the bus. If it is going to be long I usually go back in and watch a dvd, check my email, or simply relax, have a cup of coffee and see what's new via boards or free magazines.

I actually have 2 3 day passes and one 5 day pass to use up, so I figure I'll validate one of my 3 day passes to board the WAX, which will then be good til about 1 or 2pm of my departure day. That means I can use it on the WAX heading back to the airport there since I will need to be there before noon for the flight, or, I will simply use the El Cortez Shuttle to the airport.

When I shuttled in from the airport I usually bought a Roundtrip Ticket to save the buck. They advise you to call after 9pm the night before you want a return trip to the airport. They give you a choice of times, so I pick one and am sure to be there and if they are more than 10 minutes or so late, I am on the cell to the office. They check and advise you of the shuttle's location and estimated arrival time.

I like taking one of SWA's late afternoon flights home which leave at 1:55 or 2:30pm. That gives me a chance to sleep a bit, go out for a good breakfast and buy some snacks for the trip, and then pack, check out and shuttle in plenty of time to be at the airport at LEAST for 2 hurs before my flight. I know some people like to get there at the last minute but then if anything happens and they miss their flight it's not fun, nor is worrying if the shuttle is delayed cause you are running out of time. At the airport I have a meal usually and I sometimes pick up a sub or snacks, and I'm good for the trip.

Las Vegas is such an easy place to find your way around whether driving, or using the bus system. Their airport is pretty easy to navigate since it is well posted, and there are so many employees that you can ask for directions. Don't worry, Survivor, I used to worry about bus rides or transfers but what is the worst thing that could happen? You can always just stay on the bus and in 20 minutes to an hour you are right back whereb you started!

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.