1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games funny bj story from the rio

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by paperposter, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was playing bj at the rio yesterday and one guy bought in for 1500 $ played 25 $ a hand and would play for a shoe or 2 (it was double deck) then go for a walk leaving all his chips on the table for about a half and hour then came back and repeated it for a couple of hours.
    we all where laughing at him, the dealers the pit boss all knew what he was up to,when he left he colored up 500 ,he had the other thousand in black in the drink holder which he put in his pocket when he thought nobody was looking.
    long or short of the story the pit boss put him down for only ten minutes of play and a 100 $ loss. he was trying to bump up his play time it didnt work

2. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is funny, some of the guides about increasing comps say to take breaks, etc to slow play but a 30 minute break will get noticed quite easily. Too funny! Appreciate the chuckle, tks for posting.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    going south always gets noticed. All the pit boss has to do is count the rack, and he will know what the win / loss was pretty accurately...........

4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More than once I have been playing at a table where another player that had been pocketing chips was coloring up. They would push their stack towards the dealer. The dealer counts it, then says, "do you want me to color the $550 in your pocket too?"

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I don't know what's funnier - that he got caught or that he went through all that just to show a $25 average and a 1k loss especially at CET.

6. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome story! A long time ago I saw something very strange where this old guy came up to a blackjack table, buys in for $1000, plays a few hands at $25 a hand and then pockets his remaining chips and throws another $1000 cash to buy more chips. He did this several times and then proceeds the cage to trade his chips in for cash. No idea why he was doing this. Money laundering? Did he just want to look cool cashing in for a large amount of chips? To this day I still don't know why.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you look at it like this 3 hours at 25 $ claiming a 1000 loss ( i know loss means nothing ) ,that will get him free rooms at cet.

now 25 $ at 10 minutes gets you nothing,he just wasnt very good a descrite about what he was doing ,it was way to ovbouis.

ive played at high limite rooms and went bust told them ill be back have to get cash in my room came back 15 or 30 minutes later and they kept the clock rolling.its all about your relationship with the pit people and tipping never hurt.

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pocket chips all the time, but I don't try and hide it. I even tell the dealer I'm putting a black in my pocket and if I get stupid don't let me gamble it. I'm sure at my level of play though no one really gives a shit.

9. Slick

Slick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the title of the thread, I was expecting a much naughtier story. Your story was funny nonetheless.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I'd be surprised if $25 for 3 hours even with the 1k loss was enough to get a room comp at any CET property. But it may trigger future offers and comps on the calendar so maybe that's what you're referring to.

Still, it sounds like a lot of work (not to mention fleaish behavior) to go through all of that just for a potential future room comp. Keep taking 30 minute breaks, diddling around, coming back, leaving again, ratholing most of his chips, etc. Heck at CET he could just run a hundy through a slot and probably trigger the same offers in a fraction of the time.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.