1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Upgrades with M Life Gold status

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ams722, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the M Life site one of the benefits listed for Gold Members is "Room Upgrade (subject to availability)."

Anyone have any experience with this? I'll be at the Bellagio for 2 nights and Aria for 4 nights in May. Booked standard rooms via the VIP services at both. Should I expect a room upgrade? (not a suite, but perhaps like a fountain view room at Bellagio??)

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Common question.... and the normal answer is you are not going to get much. Why? All the NOIR and PLAT members are trying to get upgrades too and they only have so many better rooms. You might get a slight upgrade to a better view, etc. Getting to lakeview is possible, but generally, nope!

3. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In August last year I was upgraded from a Std King room to a Tower Spa Suite. I didn't try the $20.00 trick or even ask for an upgrade.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no luck at Aria in November, and wound up in a 4th-floor room with a view of nothing whatsoever. In September, I got an upgrade at Bellagio, from a standard room in the spa tower to a lakeview room in the main tower dead center on the fountains... and this was back when I was a lowly Pearl. I'm not convinced that it's much of a real benefit, to be honest.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in at Aria last September as an MLife Gold member with a reservation in a Corner Suite and was upgraded to a Panoramic Corner Suite with a northern view of the Bellagio fountains etc. - and my stay was for ten days. I made Platinum before I left but I am sure it all depends on how busy the hotel is at that moment in time and who you get at the Invited Guest check in.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't expect much. They will work with you a little to get you in a better view/high floor, but expecting an upgrade to a better room category is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Frankly Caesars does a better job of putting Diamonds in their best rooms than MGM props do with gold/platinum, which is surprising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.