1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife "Premium" Slots and Theo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by stackinchips, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I know that certain "premium" slots at MGM properties earn TCs and ECs slower, but I was wondering, how are they viewed in terms of your ADT? I'm assuming that running $50k through say a Wizard of Oz slot will be treated the same for primary comps as running $50k through a three reel Double Diamond slot, but I'm not sure?

So my question is does anyone know how that works with Mlife? Again I understand that ECs, Point Play and TCs are all earned slower, but how are they treated in terms of your ADT and offers?

2. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always wondered the same thing! I would love for the experts to chime in :)

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume their theo calculations are also lower because they have to pay out money for the licenses. but i don't play slots so i don't know for sure. but I would be very surprised if they gave you a walk on that and gave you the same theo as a reel slot.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on the way accountants appear to have such strong input, I am guessing it impacts your theo.

I understand they have to pay a small percentage in licensing fees, but there really is an easier way to get that money back vs pissing off customers. Just change the hold to make up for it.

Example - regular slot gets 90% payback. Specialty gets 88.72% payback. Or whatever number works.

NOBODY would know the difference of those two. We all know and detest the screwing around with points- that nobody understands. Nobody!

(sorry, now getting off simple management soap box)

5. dawnnut1

dawnnut1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've known, and it's really noticeable when playing, that as a VP player I earn less points than on slots. But to find out that even certain slots earn at a lesser rate than other slots was new to me. I've been reading that there are a lot of changes coming, again, to MLife, as well as other properties in regards to points and tier credits and the like, as to what you prefer to play, and I'm already in the hole by being a VP player. I wonder as the new point-allotment systems roll out if it will drive me to other properties than MLife. Or if it will just make me feel free to spending more time in other properties, as I've certainly let my comps tie me down to MGM properties.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty good chance it will. But, the back office mgmt will feel good about the changes.

Reminds me of what was suggested when General Motors was in such deep trouble years ago. All the top mgmt were sitting around a big table. They wanted ideas to save money before they went under. Little guy in the back stands up with an idea to save the company. He goes on to say " I can save us $xxx millions a month. All we have to do is close all the plants." Sounds good, but is gonna cause a big problem eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.