1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suite help

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by 75VWnut, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need some ideas for choosing a suite to stay at for 1 night on my 60th birthday.

Here is what I'm looking for:
    1) Great view
    2) Seperate bedroom (i.e. with a wall and a door dividing it)
    3) Strip property, but not Aria or Cosmopolitan
    4) Looking at spending $1000-1500

Any suggestions?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can't get any better in those 4 departments than a Lakeview Penthouse at the B! another good option would be a Skyloft if you can get a strip view. but I still think you can't beat the lake view at the B anywhere in Vegas.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Sky View 1050 suite at Mandalay Bay would be an option. View right up the strip, the problem is, you have to get one facing north in the "2" wing, and I'm not sure you can guarantee that.

[YOUTUBE]bm1xOnTYVAI[/YOUTUBE]

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Four Seasons you can reserve a Premier Strip-view one bedroom suite, I posted pics (I think I put them in the Trip Reports section) of the one we stayed in on our NYE trip. The date of my post was either late Dec 2012 or early Jan 2013.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, looks like those are in the same spot as the Sky View I had, a couple of floors lower. More expensive than the Sky View, but the decor looks a little nicer.

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the only difference is that FS separates the Strip view one bedroom suites into their own category, so if the Strip view is a "must", that is a way to make sure you get it. All FS rooms/suites were renovated in late 2012.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure of your dates but a very cost effective alternative are the Mirage Tower suites.
    They are often $500 or less and are very large 2 room suites.
    Renovated in the last couple years,walk in closet,wet bar,all the normal suite amenities except a second bathroom but for one night use the other $500-900
    for dinner Picasso and gambling.

8. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first thought that came to mind was an Extra Bedroom Suite, or as Chuck said, a 1050 Sky View Suite both at Mandalay Bay.

Another option would be the Bellagio suites that have a fountain view. I am especially a big fan of the 2 bedroom Penthouse suites at Bellagio. Just make sure you book a fountain view of the strip because some of these suites are located on the other side of the building facing mountains.

9. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn,private pool, free breakfast,private check in and the best customer service. :thumbsup:

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a $1000 budget, there are lots of options.

BUT - I would never, ever do just one night. Ever.

You get into room late on day 1, and have to leave around noon the next day. Move the budget down to $500-$700 and do two nights.

Bellagio is geat.

Paris would be affordable.

Not sure why you ruled out Cosmo... open balcony is GREAT!

Vadara?

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed here but I want to SO BAD. Skyline Terrace Suite at MGM

http://mgmgrand.com/hotel/skyline-terrace-suite.aspx

How sweet is that! 800sqft patio, 2 stories...

[​IMG]

Comes up on this Suite promo code MGM has out right now (also some other really cool looking suites without the balcony, but I think that would be awesome)

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?host=promo&pid=001&show=rates&code=MGMSTE20&kbid=335345&sub=YDYFG!W!MGMSTE20

Looks like you can get it between $600-$1100 depending on when you want to go. I would think you could get 2 nights for your budget almost anywhere, unless you get the craziest suite on the strip.

12. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or I'd love the 2 story penthouse at Vdara, but I'm guessing you aren't a fan of CityCenter if you don't want Aria or Cosmo!

13. DrStuPrice

DrStuPrice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THEhotel might be an option. The only time I stayed there my view was of a freeway but it was a comped room, maybe they have nicer suites for those willing to pay. Cheers!

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only problem with that suite is per the OP's criteria - in the remodeled Skyline Terrace suites, the bedroom is a loft - it's open to the downstairs - no bedroom door.

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ME TOO! Between me and my BF, we have $1,300 in express comps that we are planning on spending to get that suite for 2 nights during the week for our fall trip. It usually seems to run about $600 a night during the week.

16. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    really? have you been in one? I just assumed it was like the 1BR Skylofts where the bedroom is upstairs, but there's still a door and a glass wall. no door and wide open to the downstairs is a terrible idea.

17. heatherlovesvegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, well it's on it's own floor? I don't know exactly how it's laid out. There is other suites though, but it would be really cool to have that balcony!

[​IMG]

It's look fairly separate, but yea looks like it maybe open to the bottom floor.

18. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah that's dumb. the layout in the 1BR Skyloft is very similar, but it has floor to ceiling glass so it's semi-sound proof if someone is upstairs sleeping and someone else is downstairs. having it wide open like that is a terrible design.

19. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THEhotel has your criteria but for a fraction of the price... a big fraction lol.

I like the Bellagio idea but if you don't like Aria or Cosmo, it makes me wonder if you would like the B just because it is in that same area, but I guess that highly depends on your reasoning.

20. colpuck

colpuck Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elara works as well and there should be some renovated floors done by the time you go.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.