1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Costco's car rental deal

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sam in Ut, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I would share what I think is a pretty decent deal Costco is recently offering. They are knocking off $35 in coupon savings and 30% off from 4/1 - 6/30. This amounted for my 5 day rental of a fullsize car to $83 out the door. Not bad considering a couple days ago that same rental was over $151. They also are waiving the additional driver fee.

2. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info and sounds like a great rate. Thanks for sharing!

3. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dates

I just checked car rental for a full size for 5 days from 4-20 to 4-25 and the rate was 110.20 base, plus 61.00 taxes for a total of $171.20. This was on the Costco website. I am a member. Just wondering how you were able to come up with that rate??? Bob

4. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its all about the rental dates and when you check the online price. My current intermediate size rental for Apr 27 - May 2 (5 day rental) is currently $133.37 total at Costco.

2 days ago the same rental was $71 total.

I booked it back on Mar 5 for $66.14

As I noted in another thread, the sweet spot is around 6 - 8 weeks before your rental date. As you get closer to your rental date, the price goes up to catch any last minute demand.

5. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yeah, I later checked different dates...they are all over the place!!! Bob

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The prices change by the hour on Costco's website. I looked at it in July, looked a half hour later and it was half the original price. An hour later is was back up to the original price. Just keep checking until you see a price you like and snag it.

7. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the Budget coupon, it notes that there is no additional driver fee. I can't seem to find anywhere to add that second driver. Not on the Costco travel site nor the Budget site itself. Has anyone else ever run into this? Should we call them in advance to add a driver? Their site claims they would still charge for the second driver even with the coupon code added.

8. AOchoa95

AOchoa95 Low-Roller

Thanks for the information. Just redid my reservation for June and came down $50. Got a regular size car and the up grade to a full size car. So check every now and then. Thanks

9. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with the suggestions to keep on checking the rates. I checked the rates again today and to my surprise, my original $151 rental changed to $83 a few days ago now it reduced to $71!!! I wonder how much lower it will go? This rate is for 5 days, full size car, all fees & taxes included. Costco is coming thru big time!

10. lljimll

lljimll Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been trying to find good car rates in vegas for 9-7 thru 9-14 (total rental time will be 7days 6 hours)
    i tried the costco travel site and the best rate for a Alamo Intermediate Car is
    base $378.51 and tax/fees $167.59 for total of $546.10 (and that is with a 25% costco disc). i may be looking a little too early for a good rate. i just hope that they will come down soon or we just may cab it this trip.

11. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

You are too early.

I have been checking for our July trip and nothing good so far.

Alot of the discounts now only go through 6/30.

Keep checking though. If you see something reasonable -book it as long as you can cancel.

12. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just completed a rental with Budget through Costco. We added the additional driver at the counter, no problems, no additional charge.

13. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good, thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

14. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look again in late June/early July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.